1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T Jet Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tmukho, Feb 4, 2013.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Gurjinder, you meant is as a joke. Right ? When FIAL is unable to give proper service, how can an individual dealer provide good service ? In any case, you would be tethered to that one dealer only with no other option.

I second you that the car should be avoided.
  2. tmukho

New Delhi
    Although its a TD but it has only been driven by the Owner of the dealership... thats confirmed...& being a TD car there no warranty expect the dealer's for 1 yr.. I guess thats the std term...
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All Tjets taken recently by lots of members here got warranty just like buying a new car, 24 months full warranty + 2 yrs ext warranty(i believe so after checking the threads). If you are fallen for it, just listen to your heart and take it,anyway its better than buying a 50k run second hand car for even more money n headache..
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I am sorry, but I am going to be brutally honest. Your post sounds more like you have decided to buy the car anyway and are looking for members' endorsement for your decision. As posted earlier, I bought a Sept 2010 T-Jet in Aug 2012 - with full 2 years warranty, another 2 years extended warranty and everything else the same as if I were buying a new car.

I wonder what you mean by "thats confirmed". No owner of a dealership will willingly drive a car that he is meant to sell for 900 kms. 1 year warranty by dealer is as good as having no warranty at all. Here is my advise to you - take it or leave it - stay away from this car. You already have an amazing car, enjoy that some more and get a brand new T-Jet, when it gets relaunched.

5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

You are in love with this car !!! :)

Couple of things to suggest in that case...

- Warranty has to be 2 years standard Fiat warranty + 2 years extended warranty from the date of delivery to you.

- Offer a price of 5 Lacs for that T Jet and then settle for 6 Lacs. It's a good proposition then. :)
  6. khoj

khoj Amatore

You have been Pu**y whipped by the Linea :p

Anyhow else where on the forum there is a thread wherein a brand new 2010 TJet was sold in Chandigarh last month for 5 odd lakhs. This for a car backed with full company warranty. You should not be paying more than 4 lakhs for a vehicle with no factory warranty.

In case you are really serious you can talk to Balaji motors at Thane. Think they still have two 2010 TJet+ new and unregistered. Show them the Chandigarh vehicle sale thread, factor in the cost of travel to BOM plus the drive back to Delhi and you could pick up the car for a song backed with full factory support.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Sir ji i worded the post a bit wrongly. I was trying to put through the point that - is it worth buying this car even if FIAT offer their full warranty ( if at all they do) ?

1 person likes this.
  8. tmukho

New Delhi
    Indeed this forum has been the most helpful/proactive in advising me straight fwd & prompt...
    I had called up couple of dealers in NCR ...None is giving Fiat Warranty on TD/Demo veh..

I have almost finalised a deal for TD Linea ( 4000 kms on Odo) MJD (Emo) of 2012 for 6.8 L OTR...?????
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I would still VERY STRONGLY suggest that you stay away from a test drive car. Either buy second hand or call up dealers around the country. As suggested by khoj, call up Balaji Motors, Thane. Believe me it is worth the hassle to go to Bombay and buy rather than buy a test drive car which has been messed by almost everyone who drove the car.

6.8 L is a very bad deal for a test drive car
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

Some NCR dealers have 2012 linea e.g techno and even fiat caffe

Why don't you try a discount on top of company offer from these dealers