1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T Jet Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tmukho, Feb 4, 2013.

1. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    I presently own Palio Sports for last 10 yrs ..While I was searching for replacement car I am offered a T Jet (12) for 7 L OTR & MJD (E +) for 7.5 L OTR .. Should I go for it ..:confused:
    While discussing the matter with fellow Fiat enthu I was told that T Jet production has been stopped this might lead to some future ASS problem also it notorious for Low KPL?
    Plz guys help me out.. I dont want to miss out either of the deal...
    Lt Col T Mukherjee
    tmukho@gmail.com
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    T Jet is temporarily stopped, this is going to come again soon.
    If you like the car, go ahead and buy, there should not be any T-Jet specific ASS issue.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you share more details about both the cars.

Specifically - the month and year of manufacture. Are both new never registered or being offered for sale as used second hand?

There's no issue specifically related to the Jet when it comes to spares availability. Regarding the mileage - the real world figures are anywhere between 14-16+kmpl in city and 18-20 on the highway when driven sanely. These are actual documented figures. TFIan Ansal11 regularly achieves 16+ while driving in Delhi traffic. TFian PatchyBoy has stated 14 & 18 as city and highway figures respectively. So nothing to worry on this part.

Cheers.
  4. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    Thanx for kooling my anxitey down...
    The T Jet is display veh.
    Emtion is Exhibiton veh..
    Am awaiting the exact MY details...
    so wait out ..
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome to the Home of Fiat's, tmukho.

As clarified by Gurjinder & Ravi, there are no specific issues with T Jet. Even the FE in kmpl is also in line with what is prevalent in the market today, if not better.

Both sounds to be mouth watering deals. However, the caution must be excercised if both are demo cars. Do a thorough PDI with an expert mechanic. And if all ok, try to negotiate further :)
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  6. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    Just recevied call form two dealer from NCR,color Blue :-
    (a) Emotin MJD done 2K Exhibition car ,2012, asking 8.5 L OTR.
    (b) Same as above , 5000 Km,2012 8.15 OTR.

I have asked for VIN to be sure...
    What say guys..how to tread ahead... Will they come under 8 L around 7.5 ???
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you ask me - stay away. A display car does not clock up such milage. A TD car does.

Rajan
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    I don't like demo cars - for the simple fact that everyone who drives them usually abuses them. I'm myself guilty of this - I test drove a dealer's Honda City i-vtec and was redlining the engine as if in a Grand Prix.

Stay away from them. Unless the deal is ~7 lacs for the lesser used car - which i believe the dealer will probably have a heart attack on hearing.

Cheers.
  9. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    T Jet is 900 k & under 7 L OTR...
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Any info regarding the Month/Year of manufacture. People did get brand new but old stock T-Jets for near that price figure (give or take) so a 900km used Jet would be below 7 lacs for sure.