1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet Brake Problem?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by anand_27, Mar 21, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Very distressing. Very. :irked
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rotors ? Which Rotors ? ::O
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @bhai

disc rotors bhai sir...

rotor pair cost Rs940/- each
    brake pads Rs 2400/-

These are the warranty price..off the shelf these items are costly...rotors are 1300/- and pads are 2950/- :-(
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    @pioneeraaron
    What reason did the service guys give for the rotors and pads giving up so soon?

Gurjinder.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

brakes were making grinding sound when applied...so i insisted them to replace...cuz TASS did everything on their procedure..i.e cleaning of pads and seating and bleeding of hydraulic line and polishing the rotors with polish paper etc..all this was done twice but sound resurfaced again..so i fought for pads under warranty cuz FIAt says its wear and tare part...but heck to their wear and tare part..i told them my car has run on 4700kms..u expect me to pay for pads?? But galaxy TASS were very co-op and they changed my pads under warranty too..HATS OFF TO GALAXY!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Critical parts giving up so soon is a cause of worry.

I e-mailed 3 top people at FIAT India to take their view on the brakes issue 15 days ago. No reply till date.

Gurjinder.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Leave a feedback on Fiat website... Admiration Guaranteed !!
  8. Guys,

Here is an update from my side on the brake issues –

I had taken an appointment at Fortune Motors (Navi Mumbai) for 25th March. When I went to the service station, service advisor attended immediately (say 5-6 minutes) despite me being late. After listening to my issues, he called his technician to join us for test drive and that technician was driving the car. We drove around 10 KMs and though few of the below issues were identified, there was a resistance from these folks to accept that these are real issues. Justification given to me was that these kind of issues exists in all cars!!! What the hell was that??? Also then there was an advice that I should drive the car for another 1000 KMs and then bring it again if I feel problem exists. I told these guys that I am not going to take vehicle back and I don’t have time to waste on such things again and again. If at all there are issues in other cars, better my problem is addressed as I don’t have direct access to FIAT and these are acting as representatives. Sorry if I am off topic but can’t resist to write on this.

So finally following 3 issues were reported –

1. Whistling sound when brakes are applied (This could be heard when there is no music played or there is no other noise inside the cabin)
    2. Grinding sound when
    a. When I apply the brakes at very high speed (along with clutch)
    b. Take left turn at slope when brake and clutch are pressed at the same time.
    Out of it 2.a could not be reproduced. The technician himself drove the vehicle and I had also tried for 3 days till Friday (25th) but could not reproduce this.

3. Steering vibration when brakes are applied at high speed

I got vehicle back on Saturday and here is an update on these issues –
    1. Now the sound is more louder!!!! I was told that brakes are cleaned etc. to address this issue but it seems this has not worked!!!
    a. Not sure if problem is addressed as this issue is not getting reproduced. If I hear this sound again, I shall tell you guys.
    b. Seems to be addressed. Explanation given to me was that the engine protector guard was bent and was touching some part then I used to take left turn. I found this true as my car had kissed the entrance of gate at my native place. Interestingly I had asked the service advisor of same service station to check this during the service at 5000 KMs. That time these folks told me that there is no issue except for few scratches on the engine guard!
    3. Still there. Reduced a bit

Now there is a new problem introduced. When I am driving on bumpy road there is some strange noise from the under body of the car. Not sure what is this. Thanks to Fortune to introduce this new problem ? !!!

So to conclude, it is a sloppy work done by the service station! Just now there was a call from Pune (Fiat customer service) to get the feedback. I told them the same things and given rating of what Fortune deserve.

On side note, washing quality is pathetic!!!!!
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    m still having a brake sound...but grinding sound has vanished..dunno from where the sound is coming..it has to be rear drums...got them cleaned last time..but i doubt they did the job!!
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Khat-khat OR Khud-khud noise is ABS. I also get this noise if I apply brake with urgent or too much force on sleepery surface.Visit the page of TFI . Thread name is " Points which are likely to be fault but normal"
    1 person likes this.