1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet 24-month service.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by johy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys,

I need to get my fluids/lubricants changed for my T-Jet (24 month service). Have not faced any major issues so far, touchwood.

Well, sadly there is no Fiat service center where I live, the nearest center being 500 odd kms away, so I am getting it done outside (friendly neighborhood garage). I got my engine oil changed a year back at the same place.

As per the manual, the following are to be changed and I am subsequently ordering the following from 99rpm.com for my T-Jet.

I trust they should be okay. I look forward to pointers from other members:

1) Coolant: Paraflu Up Antifreeze Coolant x 3 liters. 7.6 liters of 40% Paraflu Up and 60% demineralized/distilled water needed as per manual.

2) Brake Fluid: Tutela TOP4| DOT-4 Brake Fluid 1 liter
    (0.5 liter is needed I think)

3) Gear/Transmission oil: Tutela TECHNYX| 75W-85| 3 liters
    ( I think 2.2 liters is needed)

4) Tutela GI/E Transmission| Steering Fluid 1 liter. I think 1.03 liter is needed.

I hope these suffice. Waiting for inputs from learned members.

Cheers!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that you don't have any issues, so only fluids needs to be changed. Just verify the items once again from manual, looks correct to me though.

99rpm.com can be trusted and go ahead and order.

I suggest keep Fiat informed, so that in case you need any help in future, they should be aware why you did service outside.
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks Ravi, most appreciated.

One question regarding the Coolant. The manual says 7.6 liters, stating a mixture of 40% Paraflu Up and 60% deminiralized water. However, a close look ( http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/paraflu-up-antifreeze-coolant-1l.html) at the Paraflu premix on 99rpm says it is not to be diluted. So should I order 8 liters of Paraflu premix coolant?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you are right, premix coolant can be put directly, no need to mix with water.
    johy likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi

How many km's has the car done. You can skip brake fluid depending upon it's condition. Because in the worst case scenario you don't want an inexperienced mechanic draining all the fluid and then introducing air in the lines.

The rest of the stuff is straightforward comparatively. Take care of the radiator drain fitting at the bottom; if damaged the entire radiator needs to be replaced as it's not available individually.

Cheers.
    johy likes this.
  6. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Car has not done much, just 10K. However, today we changed the fluids, including the brake.

But the brakes are not as good as before. Mechanic did another round of bleeding with better results, but I am not 100% satisfied, so should I try another round of bleeding it?
  7. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Update: Rebled brakes. Fine now touchwood.
  8. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Edit: I am not 100% satisfied with the brakes even now. Earlier only a tap was needed to bring the car slow. Now the tap just brings it 50% slow, and I have to press the brake pedal another 1/2 inch to bring it slower. Spoke to the mechanic and looks like another round of bleeding is needed :-(

I am disappointed there is no Fiat service center in this region even after 2 years. Fiat India is asking me to take the car to Kolkata for service! What the hell is wrong with Fiat!!!! :mad: