1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SX4 to come in 1.3 Diesel Variant

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kr_vasudev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Ravi, Linea E+ ex-showroom Mumbai is: 895039/- so in that case if we add 25K to SX4 ZDi, then should be @887000/- ex-showroom Mumbai.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My neighbor has an SX4 diesel. He just did the first service and the service guy was delivering the car at home. I asked him about the service interval. Was surprised to hear that the first service is at 500 kms, but the owner had already crossed 1000 kms. At 500 kms they do oil change too.
    I just told him FIAT punto and linea with the same multijet engine has 15000 kms service interval and oil change needs to be done only at 15k service.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    An oil change at the first 500-1000 kms is a good step indeed.

And the engine is not entirely the same. The basic design is the same; the implementation of that design will not necessarily be the same too. Implementation includes the tolerances and the metals etc etc used.

Gurjinder.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Guru..that means only the technology is adopted right..Rest everything is of their own. But I think in the case of Tata cars FIAT is supplying engines to them.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    and tata engines have shorter service intervals
    maybe it has something to do with engine oil ,synthetic vs mineral oil
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Cinju
    Yes, TATA got the best deal. Joint manufacturing of the Multijet engines at Ranjangaon. Only difference is that on the engine cover "Quadrajet" is embossed rather than "Multijet"

Can anyone confirm which engine oil is used in SX4 D and TATA "Quadrajets" ( :hit)?

Gurjinder
  7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Synthetic engine oil is used in tata quadrajet came to know this from workshop person,dont know about sx4 diesel but mineral oil is used in tata's tdi engines