1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SX4 to come in 1.3 Diesel Variant

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kr_vasudev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    aruti Suzuki will launch the SX4 diesel in by end of February, 2011. The diesel variant of the SX4 will be powered by the 1.3L Fiat Multijet engine with VGT, producing 90hp of power and 200Nm of torque. However compared to its rivals, the Fiat Linea and Tata Indigo Manza, the SX4 diesel will be lighter by atleast 70kgs offering better performance. Maruti Suzuki will price the SX4 diesel very aggressively at an introductory pricing of Rs. 6.99 lakh for the VDi variant, which is just Rs. 10,000/- more than the VXi variant. :A

I am sure this will affect the sales of FIAT LINEA. This will be game changer for Maruti in this segment.
  2. I take this with a pinch of salt. :mrgreen:

I would be interesting to see how Maruti will launch SX4 Diesel by charging a premium of only 10K. In any case if they succeed, I bet that it will be stripped down version with absolutely so creature comforts, leave alone the safety features. ::D
  3. Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

SX4 DIESEL is coming on FEB 2011, WHICH one is BETTER sx4 DIESEL or FIAT LINEA DIESEL
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

SX4 diesel is coming in from years but till now it have not been launched. I won't be surprised if it gets delayed further.
    As suzuki doesn't have 90 Bhp Fiat VGT MJD engine in any cars worldwide.I guess SX4 would have FGT MJD currently doing duty in Swift and Ritz but It could be remapped engine to produce 90 Bhp like tuning boxes like Petes do without VGT
    If suzuki had license to use 90 Bhp VGT MJD engine it would have used that first in new swift selling abroad.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Posts moved.
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

'SX4 1.3 VGT' Is it a Threat to Linea?

in February end SX4 diesel with 1.3 VGT heart is going to launch.the same in petrol is doing good by selling 1000 odd every month. the same is happened with manza, when it is launched with the same engine which powers the Linea. and now it has an average sell of 3000+. so what will be the picture after SX4 diesel launch?

some things about SX4 with the comparison to Linea:

Advantage Linea

1. Looks are not so appealing (it doesn't look like a sedan in my opinion)
    2. Due to high ground clearance handling part is worst. (i drove my elder brother SX4 for 180 Kms and I said to him that it is difficult to handle) even you have more power (VVT 1.6) the acceleration is not linear and you get afraid while overtaking where there are no dividers.
    3. Not so modern: as compare to Linea nothing is there in the cabin.
    4. Driving position is not so good and you don't feel the confidence while driving.
    5. Gear Shifts are very different and not so smooth.

Advantage SX4

1. Maruti Badge on the Car.Means Guarantee of (Service, Spares, Resale value,etc.) typical Indian Mentality
    2. High Ground Clearance is good for Indian conditions.
    3. Good height of the car as compare to Linea. For getting in and out.
    4. Can Be repaired any where (like domestic Garage etc.)

As per my knowledge both the cars Linea And SX4(fiat sedici ) Made by Fiat. but in India it is being used by maruti.
    Don't you think that fiat is making a mistake by allowing others to use their engines (except Tata).

7. Re: 'SX4 1.3 VGT' Is it a Threat to Linea?

well bro, is there anything we can say about FIAT's strategy at this point. I guess no....
  8. Re: 'SX4 1.3 VGT' Is it a Threat to Linea?

Fiat Sedici, Fiat Panda... I mean, what is it stopping Fiat from getting this to our country. Ahhhhhh, feels weird.

Fiat's next strategy(saw it on net) - Launch Bravo for 18Lakhs or so just to create a bid brand image and then focus on other cars!!!

Bravo - 18lakhs, Audi A1 when launched will be similarly priced or 1 or 2 lakhs more. Honestly which one would u prefer.....

one thing for sure is we are all are happy with our Fiat cars and hope they can understand us.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.

Please use existing thread for similar topics. Always search before opening a new thread.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

If you look at these cars strictly as cars / products, the Linea, simply put, is light years ahead of the SX4. I had a SX4 petrol for almost 2 years and apart from the Maruti service back up and absolutely fantastic ACC, there is nothing in the car! The steering is worse then that of a video game, the ride is hard and jarring (Maruti apparently changed the ride quality in the VVT version) and overall the car feels very crude and built to a price. There is too much road, wind and tyre noise while on the move.

How am I comparing the two cars? I have a Punto.