1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SWWS or Spare Wheel Well Sub

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Phew, Sep 15, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just a small thought. If you invert the steppeney, will you be able to fill air in it since the nozzle would not be accessible.

Incidentally, I have an alloy as steppeney - set me back nearly 11k. Thee steppeney cannot be bolted down since the mounting bolt is not long enough. So, it is just placed in the well.

Regards
    Johnny
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir, Since u have the alloy as stepney I doubt it wud b much of a hassle as u can simply lift the MDF board the sub is mounted on and fill the air as there is a bigger gap between the spokes as it won't be that hard to access. Sure there will b an issue in filling the air in the stepney(steel rim) but then one has to make some compromises, this seems to be the most awarding compromise.
    As for the alloy thing u can remove(cut) the mounting bolt and place it upside down(damp the base so tht the alloy is not damage) and fit the sub in. This doesn't affect the warranty as they hardly notice it so this is one risk u can take.

Harmony & chaos
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Jasveen for the inputs.

Even now I am not using the mounting bolt since it is not long enough to fit on the alloy. The alloy sits well in the well and does not bounce around.

I tried inverting the alloy. Damage can be prevented by putting some soft material in the well. But the angle of the nozzle prevents filling air with the steppeny inverted. So, this becomes a major issue.

Anyway, for the time being I am quite happy with the compos - they give a reasonable amount of bass.

Regards
    Johnny
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir are u running the comps on 63hz/80hz or completely thru.

Harmony & chaos
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Completely through Jasveen.

Regards
    Johnny