1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SWWS or Spare Wheel Well Sub

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Phew, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    would be willing to hear the thump of SUb .. and if it's gud enough .. can opt for it ..
    demo arrange karwa do " kaatil " sir ..
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this is what i have never heard off.great stuff though.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    sounds interesting... But how bout with spare as alloy... You cannot keep it inverted and open chance for scratches on it...
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I m interested ...

More details ven we meet !!!
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one can always place a damping sheet or softer material below it to prevent that, and btw how many have an ALLOY as spare
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Demo is merely impossible but since I have personally heard it, the kick and loudness is 15% less as compared to the normal box subwoofers but then one has to make a compromises between things. Such an install gives out the best compromise between boot space and subwoofer functionality. After all "85% of something is better than 100% of nothing"
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Phew

Blaupunkt has a readymade solution called the "Blaupunkt THs 6902 Passive Subwoofer Wheel Well Enclosure". A review is at this link: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.ph...kt-ths-6902-passive-subwoofer-wheel-well-r985

The downside is that it is an 'either or' solution with respect to the steppeney - may not be a wise decision on our potholed roads. Therefore, the TBHP solution brought out by you may be a better option. I liked your "85% of something is better than 100% of nothing" quote.

Regards
    Johnny
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank you johnny sir. I have decided to go ahead with this thought and get a SWWS install done in one of the other rides I have just confused over a few things like what sub, size, amp. The problem this time strangely is the budget so having a tough time right now in convincing parents and purchasing equipment