1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Switchable ECU remaps by Wolf Performance Tuning on my GP

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by MattJ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

One question haunting me for a quite a bit of time is that, due to this remaps, is there an extra pressure added to other parts of the car? like Transmission, radiator fan, coolant, etc. which works hand in hand with the engine. The reason i am wondering about this is, since the engine is tuned to make use of the certain margin, are these components too manufactured or tailored to withstand with that power. More power means, more stress on all components including engine. So just a thought.
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  2. linuxmanju

You forgot the clutch there, and yes there will be an added stress on the clutch because of bumped up torque, most these clutches are tried and tested for stock torque figures, higher the torque more it has to bear. But having said that, most of the diesel clutches are more tolerant towards the abuse and should be fine, or rather nobody has reported a clutch failure with a sane level of remap till date.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  3. opendro

opendro Timido

I too have a Race Dynamics with the remote - not installed on car for a long time as my car used to frequent to workshop on some recurring suspension issues. Now, all those issues are resolved. But lazy to buy a new battery for the RD remote.

I want to try the Wolfmoto. Since I already spent a significant amount on the RD, I'm reluctant to spend too much for another tuning. So, can you guys give a ball park figure, if you are secretive about it? Thanks. I know, I could ping them and get, but as I say, I'm slightly reluctant and cost is going to be a deciding factor even for contacting them.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3