1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Switchable ECU remaps by Wolf Performance Tuning on my GP

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by MattJ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    spoke to Aadarsh of wolfmoto.com, phone number from website.. very informative and extremely honest. impressed. they also offer special offers for TFI users...
    1 person likes this.
  2. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi

@linuxmanju Yeps had an old Pete's box. It can't even come close to comparison in regard to the performance difference with these remaps. The box gave me a lil more power boost in the lower rpms (2-3k). But above that it supplied even lesser in comparison to the stock. After driving with a box, I forgot how the stock felt like. The tuners on driving it found that the box restricted power at higher rpms in comparison to the stock.
    The remaps are wonderful. My current fav for city/urban driving is map 2 and when i get on the highway i switch to map 4( with on the fly enabled yesterday at 4.1k rpm).

Yes even my EGR is disabled. My latest update took care of that.
    2 people like this.
  3. Matt, so you can't drive in low power maps and hit 4100 RPM at all as it would switch to most powerful map. Even in stock I used hit 4500 RPM, I feel like it is a restriction on RPM for other maps.
    1 person likes this.
  4. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @Sat-Chit-ananda true when you look at it that way, but imagine the scenario where you would actually go past 4100 RPM. For normal driving I would go past 3500 RPM, unless I am accelerating and overtaking a vehicle. But other than that when I would hit 4100 RPM would be when I require that extra power. Although I agree it is a very crude way to switch and restricts as you said at rare cases. Generally though I rarely cross the 4000 RPM.
    Maybe down the line team wolf will be able to get a work around on this and enable match switching through our controls. Their idea is not to add extra hardware, everything is through existing hardware.
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Would be a wonderful option is a button based switching is provided. Normal, Sport, Race, Maniac mode :D
    Prashant Teki and MattJ like this.
  6. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    Amen to that brother! :D
    Down the lane I really hope to see that happen...that will definitely be awesome!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Given they already have decoded how to use temp meter to show for modes, using any of the switch combination should not be a difficult job.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Have you made such a request bro? The empty/unused slots buttons above the HU should be good enough for such buttons. Let us know what Wolf guys have to say about this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The buttons are fine, but the work / logic / mechanism it takes to do a map switch while driving is mind boggling. I doubt if it will be possible at all.

Rajan
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well i specifically recommended the Wolf team not to apply shift on fly in the stock map. Stock should be stock, no deviations. In rest all maps shift on fly works so good.
    Also Rajiv is working on the CAN nodes. I have given an input to him that the map should change as soon as i hit the clutch pedal and hit on rear fog lamp button.

I am hunting for a lambda+EGT sensor all in one. If anyone has reliable links please help me.

The correct placement of EGT sensor should be pre turbo in the exhaust manifold. But i wont recommend people to put in there as its risky if the bit blows off it will screw up the turbo.

Instead install it post turbo and add 100-150 degrees to the main reading to find pre turbo temperatures.
    1 person likes this.