1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Switchable ECU remaps by Wolf Performance Tuning on my GP

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by MattJ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

so i have one question, is this the stock MJD ecu or is it an aftermarket ECU ?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Allow me to stir the pot a bit more.

Unless the dyno can replicate the load as will be felt on the road completely, you will have a less than accurate reading to base your map on. Your final tune in any case will be based on datalogging achieved by doing pulls on the road.

Disclaimer - The above is theoretical assumptions from my top story. :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Stock ECU

Agreed. The Dyno can allow you to go WOT in any gear and plot Power/Torque graphs, while datalogging will allow you to analyze real world conditions and fine tune, with the RR outcome as the basis. So, both are needed and play their bit in getting that perfect tune :D

4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

How come there is room for 4 maps on the stock ROM :confused:
  5. That is the question i too have.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have seen people replace ing the stock ecu to have multiple maps.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I dont think there would be entire full code for 4 maps. There must be only loops added. This is how tuners over the world do it IIRC.
    2 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Let's wait for him to get back. I know from reliable sources that stock ecu cannot have this feature so either my book is wrong or his is. Let's see.
    Can you please confirm that stock ecu was used

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Very interesting!!! It appears like a piece of executable code is written in to the ROM of the ECU. But is it really possible?? Doesn't it mean a security breach of the ECU?

I heard that in future ECUs [May be Even now in some] the communication to the OBD-ii will be encrypted. I mean the OBD-ii port can be communicated by authorized devices only. If this becomes reality in my opinion there is a chance that even MAP data can kept as encrypted thus making it near impossible for external remapping.

Does any one know the processor of ECU present in linea/punto?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

BMW has already made the M5/M6 ECU almost impossible to tune. The car has been in market since late 2011 and till date no tuner has been able to crack the ECU code. The best they have been able to do is implement piggyback hardware tunes.

Nissan in the GTR keeps a secret "black box" which stores data such as - how many times you redlined / launched the vehicle / turned traction control off and uses it to deny warranty claims. Same story with Porsche.

That's the future we're heading to. :rolleyes:
    4 people like this.
  10. Innova also hasn't been cracked yet.