1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Switchable ECU remaps by Wolf Performance Tuning on my GP

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by MattJ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @Sat-Chit-ananda Ah I was having a doubt if it was so. He's done the tuning after extensive tests on MJD engines. He's had done a similar thing for his friend's swift which has run 20,000 odd kms with these remaps.
    This guy is quite knowledgeable. But thanks for the word of caution. I'll double check with him, but I assume such a competent tuner/coder as himself would have kept such parameters in mind as well.

You mentioned it takes you 15 mts to load a new map. Do you have a similar setup?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No MattJ. I guess what Satchit intends to say is that it takes the new map around 15 minutes to get used to the car (in simpler terms). Please correct me if I am wrong.
  3. Yashik sir,
    You are right.
  4. Mattj,
    Over all giving multiple maps is complex stuff, this guy seems to have done awesome job.
    Please get to know which map will drive the EGT over the safe limit.
    Is this the default MM ecu or replaced with some thing else?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    ah @PaddleShifter thanks for the clarification :)
    @Sat-Chit-ananda Yeah as is mentioned in the write up this guy knows how to code quite well. He's done an amazing job by making this a switchable one. He's worked on the map portion of the ECU code. He showed me which part he had worked on. Most of it is the stock ECU code.
    "Please get to know which map will drive the EGT over the safe limit." You mean to say that you want to know which is the one that takes the engine over the edge i assume? As per my understanding he has made sure that the maps do not go beyond a point where it becomes a liability. Then of course there is the abuse that the driver can do that will screw the car remapped or not.
    If you want me to get any specific data can you be more specific? As my technical know how is tested after a certain limit, pardon me for that :)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat - What Rajiv does is not remapping, but is more of an ECU rewrite. I had a very long and engaging conversation with him yesterday. His depth of knowledge is very impressive. He has already developed and tested for the 1.3 MJD engine, but does not have anything for the Jet as of now. I might possibly work with him to get something going for the Jet.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@MattJ: EGT is usually measured under WOT(Wide Open Throttle). For each map, you are supposed to go for a test run and see if EGT remains within permissible limits. If not, there is a risk of doing long term damage to the engine/turbo-charger. Tune-O-Tronics does this safety check for all their remaps. :)
  8. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    ahhh thanks a lot for that clarification @DRIV3R :D
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is where Dyno tests come in very handy, as it is always not possible to find a road to redline on 5th gear :D

Rajan
  10. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @PatchyBoy yeps i will say i have been quite impressed even though my knowledge on this is very limited. I had a very nice listening to him while my car was being remapped/rewritten :)