1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

switch panel loose

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by varin11, Sep 27, 2015.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea's switch panel (parking lights and other switches) has gone insidefrom the right side.I tried fixing it by by opening the stereo but couldn't not find any screw groove as its hidden somewhere behind the metal case of the stereo.May be the ideal method is removing the center AC vent where it is fixed,which I could not remove.
    Guys help me the way to open the center Ac vent or other method to fix.

IMG_20150920_134148.jpg
  2. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    dude it looks broken from inside to me. I faced the same problem while installing switches in the last two dummy switches. pretty common given it doesnt have metal fixtures. The screw that holds the whole fascia sits into the plastic. This probably broke.

A new fascia should cost you around 1200 bucks. I recommend replacing it.

20140326_202726.jpg
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks rider. I got it temp fixed with feviquick.
    Any idea how to open the whole center AC vent. I tried removin but it wont come out, dont want to risk breakin it.
  4. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like you still have the stock head unit, remove this head unit using the fiat supplied clips, if you dont have them the service centre should give you a pair to open this head unit out. Then its pretty easy to find the clips of that fascia and open it out.

Looks like its already broken, so plan on opening this only when you go for a replacing it. Opening it again might damage it further.