1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Swift to Punto: But a problem - CD Error in my Punto Active 2012

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Balu Chandra S, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Intro:
    Hello TFians.. First of all, thankyou very much..bcoz TF is the reason why I buy a Fiat Punto..:) I was having a Swift VDI earlier..so after selling my Swift, obviously I was searching for a used Ritz/Swift .. but the price is not at all for my like.. The sellers are simply putting high prices only for the demand of the car.. I don't really like that. Then I saw some Puntos with comparatively very lesser price. Then I started online research as I never drove Punto before. Reading many forums and reviews in TF and TB, I was confident enough to buy a used Punto.. At last I got a 2012 model 20k km ran Punto Active for the price equivalent to a 2010 model 70k km ran Swift. Nice na.. I like the deal, also thanks for those Maruti Suzuki lovers to keep the used Swift car prices that much high. I got the car on Dec 26, 2015. And I joined TF yesterday. Now let's stop with this. I will share the driving experience in another thread. Now straight to the problem I am facing now.

Problem:
    As you know Punto 2012 Active will support only CDs.. I knew this and I am ok with that. But the real problem here is, when I want to play a new CD which is burnt in my laptop, it is showing CD Error. I have tried with different versions of Nero, even older versions, tried MP3 CDs and Data CDs, but still the error is same. The MP3 Cds which I got from local shops are working fine. I don't know which software they are using. I don't want to change the stock head unit for this reason.. Please anyone help to sort out this error. Thanks in advance.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Not sure about the problem but I would suggest you to change the headunit to aftermarket one.

Check on Paytm and there are lots of offers going on with good amount of cashback.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Balu Chandra S,
    some cd will throw up cd error....

did u try changing the format?

thanks
  4. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bibin: I have tried different formats and different versions of Nero and wasted 6 CDs.. So just I need a confirmation on which version of software and disc format exactly to use... Please, those who are not facing this problem in Active variant, let me know the software version and disc format you are using.. Also note that these CDs were working fine in the Pioneer HU in my old Swift..

@kedarbendre : I will wait till I get a solution for this as I don't like to mess up with stock console looks.. :) thanks for ur suggestion..
  5. anupam sharma

anupam sharma Timido

Gurgaon
    My CD player was also showing this "CD error". I have a 2012 active punto.
    But the data CDs burnt on old pc having Windows XP are working. CDs burnt through my Laptop with windows 7 had this problem.
    Now recently after downloading many softwares, CDburnerXP works.
    try making Data Disk with lowest burn speed.
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  6. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @anupam sharma Thanks Anupam.. That was the reply I was looking for.. I will try that now.
  7. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    Try roxio cd burning software...m using it on windows 7....no error while playing.....just drag n drop in new blank CD..not DVD. ..don't know abt stand alone files but i make different folders for songs....they all playfine..
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  8. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @anupam sharma : Thanks a lot buddy.. Dat worked fine and CD played with out any error.

But the root cause is still unknown :(

@Rajesh lamba : Thanku.. Will try that too..

So to conclude, those who are facing CD error in Punto head unit. Please burn the CDs with CDBurner XP or Roxio CD burner.
    anupam sharma likes this.