1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sweetheart comes home at last - my Pre-adored Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by Linear, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Congrats on your new possession....:clapping Try to get a reverse parking sensor...:cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Nishant -

Where do I get the Utsav number plates? As for Concepto, they are very reasonable - interior is done for 1300 bucks while exterior was done for 1000.

Arnab -

The previous owner has already installed reverse parking sensors in the car, with a display over the IRVM.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Yesterday I took her out for the first time, and I went into the city. Now it's the first time I have driven any big car in city traffic, so it was a bit stressful. The long clutch & rubbery gearshift didn't help either. Moreover, I kept comparing her with my Santro's agility, pedal smoothness & slick gearshifts - that didn't help too.

On the plus side, the ride was superb. No shuddering, no rattles, no bouncing over undulations at high speed.

I need to get used to her, and that is going to take some time. In the meantime, my Santro is probably on the verge of getting sold, and I'm going to miss her dearly.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Congrats Guru... Car is Sparkling after all the treatments she went through... Good Job done... :up

Only one suggestion from my end if you don't mind... Replace the floor mats or place the new tailor cut floor mats over the existing ones... Those old floor mats are spoiling the look of foot-well...

1 person likes this.
  4. rajbajwa

Thanks Guru for the info. Happy Mile Crunching in your Sweetheart. Admiration Guaranteed!

1 person likes this.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Welcome to TFI. Its amazing to see 3 yr old Linea in pristine condition. A very good deal for you. Preserve her in same condition forever.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

Yesterday we tooke her out first time for a long(ish) drive. We went to Bhandardara for a day trip.

Total distance was 320 km, out of which about 220-230 km was on highway and the rest on small winding roads. Of these 100 km or so, about 35-40 km was very bad road (read driving in 1st - 2nd gear). The MID showed trip FE as 14.1 kmpl and average speed as 41 kmph. I am happy. On a full highway run, this should give me >16 kmpl. What more can you ask from a 1.2 Ton car with a petrol engine?

On a different note, I have started thinking seriously about the GC enhamcement kit. Yesterday there were quite a few scrapings en route, far more than what I would like. Also, I have been spoilt by Santro's high GC coupled with stiff suspension. So may go for the GC kit during this service.

Transferring the car in my name is still under progress. In the meantime the insurance is expiring tomorrow, so renewed the insurance in the previous owner's name for now. Will have to transfer it to my name afterwards.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Linear thats a nice deal for fabulous car. Congratulations :).
    1 person likes this.
  8. Linear

Linear Amatore

Looks like I was enjoying the car too much & Tata A$$ could bear it no more, so they decided to give me a reality check. This is what happened -

I dropped the car for annual service at Fortune cars, Thane on Saturday, 15th September. Had noticed some trouble with A.C. when driving in full Sun, so asked them to check that too. The SA told that everything else will be over the same day, but the A.C. check is unpredictable & could spill oveer to the next day. However, I started getting restless when the guy didn't call me even on the next day. Eventually I called him late in the afternoon`. He tells me that there is a leakage in the A.C. circuit but it's not getting traced. When I asked him why he didn't call me, he said that he was about to - very typical Indan reply. He promised to give me feedback on Monday 12 pm positively.

No calls even on the next day, so in the afternoon I called the SA. He said that he was on a car trial with another customer, so will call me in 15 min. time. Ater half an hour of waiting, I call him - he still does not have an answer. Eventually after a couple of more phone calls from me, I get the first call from that guy. He tels me that there is a leakage in the A.C. circuit in a condenser manifold behind the radiator, but the stud is jammed & we may hae to replace the manifold, condenser & the tubing. I told him that I was coming there to meet him. After going there, the car was hoisted on a ramp with the front bumper opened. He shwed me the jammed stud. When I asked him how much longer it will take, he said that the parts are not available. He will order them & give me a call once they arrive. He also said that the car will be ready sans the AC next evening.

Next day again there are no calls to inform whether the car was ready. Again a few calls from am exasperated me, and finally the car was ready. Took delivery at about 7.30 in the evening. While driving home, the pedals all felt nice & smooth. I was feeling better, but that feeling was very short lived.

In the procss of checking, these guys managed to drain whterver gas was there in the AC circuit, so now the cooling was completely absent. So I was forced to open the windows. After a while, I noticed a loud hum. I was in a slow moving traffic, so first I thought that it was from another vehicle nearby. However, the sound persisted till I reached home, and had become very loud when I entered the calm area of my parking lot. Just to make sure, I opened the hood with engine running. The hum was unbearable & seeme to be coming from the radiator area.

Now I have to call tht guy tomorrow & take the car to them again to get this corrected bfore my own eyes. I am almost not looking forward to go there again so soon, but this noise is frightening.

If this is the kind of experience people get, no wonder FIAT sales are so poor.
  9. Hope your problems get rectified soon,and get the ac gas recharged atleast the ac will work till you get a permanent solution..Btw,why dont you try some other service centre?maybe they will be better...
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You said it right, these are the culprits fiddling with the machines,
    Just visit them and tell them that you will be addressing the issue to the FIAT, and do the check up in your presence, and dont keep the car for overnight,