1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sweetheart comes home at last - my Pre-adored Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by Linear, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Ever since my Santro turned 5 (years), thoughts of a bigger car started playing in my mind. In summer last year, I started making rounds to car showrooms and saw almost all the premium hatches & mid-size sedans. At first it was difficult making up my mind. However, eventually I decided to listen to my heart & go for a sedan. Thus started another round of trips to car showrooms. My low running dictated that I should remain a petrolhead. I surveyed all cars available at that time & shortlisted three - Linea, Vento & ANHC.

After thinking for quite a while though, I came to realise that secretly my mind was already made up. It was the Italian beauty winning hands down. FIAT was also offering some mouth-watering deals at the time, so on 14th September 2011, I booked a T-Jet. Received VIN from the dealer and was about to do a PDI when got some bad news - I would need money someplace else. I had no intention of buying a car with a loan, so with a very heavy heart I had to cancel the booking.

Fast forward 6-7 months. The keeda of buying a car again started crawling in my mind. There was no deciding which car now though. The Italian beauty had me securely in her clutches - so much so that everytime I saw a Linea on roads, my heart would skip a beat. However, finances were still not in very good shape. So I startes to patiently explore the used car market. After months of going through online ads, finally my patience paid off - I came across a 3 year old petrol Linea for sale in Navi Mumbai. The seller was an individual & not a dealer. Score 1.

We exchanged a few mails, and then on one Sunday I went over to his place to see the car. Barring a few scratches on the rear left door & a dent on the left running board, the car was in excellent condition. Took a test drive on the palm beach road & was very satisfied. Score 2. Icing on the cake was that the car had only about 11k odd kilometres on odo, primarily because the owner drove the car only on weekends, that too in the city. Score 3. The car also has extended warranty which is valid for one more year. Score 4.

With so many plus points, I would have finalised the car straight away, but wanted my family to have a look before the final decision. So on another weekend we all went to see the car again, and once my wife gave the nod, we finalised the deal.

Last Thursday I transferred part of the money to his account & he was kind enough to drop the car to my place along with all the documents & keys. Handed him the cheque for balance payment.

Havn't clicked any photos of the new ride. This weekend I am planning to take her to a detailer for interior & exterior treatment after which I will click her pics. In the meantime, here are a few received from the previous owner -

Photo0146.jpg Photo0147.jpg Photo0154.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats Jet-Owner :up... She is a stunner...

Keep the pics of this beauty flowing once interior-exterior treatments are done...

Neel.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red-carpet welcome to you and your lovely Linea to TFI, Linear. Congratulations and best wishes. Explore and enjoy.:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Thank you Naughty & J.Ravi sir.

Neel - That's not a T-Jet. It's a 1.4 NA Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    :uh I Mixed it up between one you booked earlier & the one you got finally....

Whats your name Linear? from Mumbai?

Neel.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Liner aka MH-43.
    Welcome and congratsz for your purchase.
    Happy Miles with more Smiles !
    1 person likes this.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Thanks Ganges.

My name is Guru. Wanted that as handle, but it was taken, so opted for Linear.
  8. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Linear, Warm welcome to TFI. Be cool and calm when you are in cockpit!. Happy and safe driving!! Good luck!
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Minimal grey is demanding maximum attention. Welcome to TFI.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Congrats Guru.

Today in India everyone is making a beeline for oil burners. That's all good for the pocket but the silent, 'Whirr' of the petrol engine will make your heart smile whenever you take out the beauty and step on the gas.

Also,
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your car. I'm very happy with my 3 year Petrol Linea (Emotion Pack) but am curious about it's resale value.

Best Regards,

Raj Bajwa
    2 people like this.