1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suzuki to use 1.6L MJD for new SX4

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amit, Jun 28, 2011.

1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I agree with Mihir. Y'day I was thinking on same lines.
    Suzuki itself is an international player
    VW took 20% share in Suzuki and VW trying to become No 1 by 2018
    Still why depend on Fiat? that too not immediately, plan is to use fiat engines from 2013 onwards.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I read somewhere on the forum that VW 1.2 TDi engine is not worth to put it in Swift. Thats what MSIL is thinking so they dropped the plan, they are going to continue with MJD.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The 2011 launch of SX4 DDis was partly due to capacity constraints at Maruti. People have waited / are waiting for upto 6 months for a Dzire DDiS. Can Fiat ever imagine something like this to happen for their cars here?

We know the report is talking about fully built units being manufactured and supplied by Fiat to Suzuki. We are also talking about the 1.6MJD coming into the Indian SX4 sometime in 2014 or whenever Maruti launches the all new SX4.

There are reports floating at VW will launch a new 1.5L TDi with 95bhp as the 1.2 is being percieved by buyers as too noisy and sluggish. In which case, Suzuki buying the 1.6 MJD from Fiat becomes even more mysterious.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you are cent % right. I remember reading in some magazine , a few days ago that VW polo and skoda fabia customers are not happy with the three cylinder 1.2 liter engine, and thus the polo and fabia would be getting new four cylinder 1400 cc engines within 3 to 4 months from now.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011