1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suzuki to use 1.6L MJD for new SX4

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amit, Jun 28, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fiat Auto to now provide 1.6L diesel engines along with 1.3L and 2.0L one’s to Suzuki

Here is the new from www.rushlane.com.

In a new development, Japanese auto manufacturer, Suzuki Motors and Italian auto manufacturer, Fiat Auto have signed a new deal according to which the latter will provide the former 1.6L diesel engines. Fiat already manufactures 1.3L and 2.0L diesel engines for Suzuki Motors and the addition of 1.6L diesel mill means that the Japanese manufacturer is planning on expansion.

Suzuki Motors, which already has a financial alliance with German car maker, Volkswagen since 2009, is planning to launch new cars by 2013. In order to grow, with the rate at which the auto industry is growing, car manufacturers need to launch newer vehicles with newer technologies.

Suzuki Motors plans to launch new cars installed with their newly acquired 1.6L diesel mills from Fiat Auto by 2013. A report suggests that these cars with 1.6L diesel engines will be manufactured at Suzuki’s unit in Poland.

Fiat India already provides their 1.3L diesel engine to Maruti Suzuki Swift, India’s largest selling hatchback currently. While the 2.0L diesel mill from Fiat powers Suzuki SX4, etc in Poland.

Source:-
    http://www.rushlane.com/fiat-auto-t...l-and-2-0l-ones-to-suzuki-motors-1216149.html
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Complete falsity.

The report on this rushlane website seems to be written by a complete ignoramus. :D
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe, Fiat will launch 1.6L engine in India, before it comes to Suzuki.

The situation earlier, when Swift launched with 1.3 MJD, was totally different from current scenario. The next natural upgrade to Linea Diesel looks 1.6 engine only.
  4. thats true jumu its as and when fiat decides to go for a complete new setup.CKD kits reassembly, again has the govt hog for import duty to be excercised.
  5. Any company wants do to business either through there own or through there other products / parts. Engine's are most expensive parts in the Automobile Ind. and it fetch more money than any other.

Its a business policy, I don't found any thing wrong, If Fiat HO offering there 1.6MJD to Suzuki India. they are supplier of major part.

If Fiat HO deliver exclusively 1.6 MJD to Fiat India and sell only 1-2K units, Is this justified ?

If SX4 1.3 selling 3-5 K month within short time of its lunch with 1.3 version, If they got 1.6 MJD, they kill others "Ford, Hyundai etc"

One of my known owning Maruti dealership, I asked his feedback for my booking of Palio MJD with 4.4 L onraod, he said Its really a good deal, only MJD engine costing around 2 L +.

If Fiat India shown its sale power to HO, definitely they will get advantage, else Fiat HO treating correct.

All the best Fiat India with new Cafe idea. :up
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    The only thing i hope and wish for is the Linea 1.6 MJD is launched atleast 6 months to a yr before it comes out in a SX4 that way atleast FIAT has a good enough headstart and people realise the overall product is much better when they go for the Linea.....
  7. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I also expect Fiat to launch 6 months before Suzuki launches. Infact Fiat should use the launch by Suzuki to thier credit.
    How? May be they should put print out of this article in all showroom notice boards..Is it allowed?
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Guys, going on believing that 1.6 will come to SX4 is not right. First of all, the news tals about Fiat providing engine for a SX4 makeover car that will be launched in 2013 in Hungary. That does not mean that engine automatically gets planted in SX4. Maruti had 1.3 MJD production license for Swift for large amount of time. They never plonked it in SX4 before 2011. And this news report is not about engine production under license but provision of engine as a fully built unit to Suzuki. So I don't buy the idea that 1.6 is bound for SX4 in India as of now, not till 2013, at least.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    there is nothing wrong if Fiat supplies its engines to maruti. both shud benefit from the relation. there shud a pact betwenn the 2 companies that maruti will service Fiat cars also. FIAL shud make this happen. if the companies can share engines(1.3 FGT & VGT) and cars(SX4 and Sedici) then why cant they share sevice centres.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    What should be interesting to see is, FIAT and Maruti have a certain tie up. Now VW has 19.xx% share in maruti, now that makes me wonder how the whole relation pans out....