1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suzuki RIII MPV with 90 BHP VGT DDiS

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Source http://www.autocarindia.com/news/more-details-maruti’s-riii-mpv

More details on Maruti’s RIII MPV

23 June 2011

Here are exclusive images of Maruti's all-new RIII MPV, slated to be launched by the end of 2011, designed to accommodate the traditional large Indian family. Maruti has stretched the wheelbase to 2740mm which is 380mm more than that of the Ritz, and they have also added an additional rear overhang.
    The length of the RIII at 4265mm is well over the critical four-metre length, which means that the RIII won’t qualify for a small-car excise cut. Additionally, the people-mover will get an all-new 1372cc K14 petrol engine which churns out a decent 95bhp and produces 13kgm of torque. Also on the cards is the Fiat-designed, VGT-equipped 89bhp DDiS motor from the SX4.
    For more details on the new mini-MPV, grab the latest copy of Autocar India that’s out on news-stands.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    At some angle it looks like a stretched out version of Ritz. Is it a tall boy design or what ?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wanted to say the same thing! From the picture it looks "Ritz Redefined"
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Value for money proposition ! In my opinion! Looks better than any MUV in india!
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This will be priced like SX4 only.
  6. I guess, they just re-engineered Ritz, chances that it might replace the current Ritz.
    -Sat
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems to be a Jazz/Punto/i20 competitor in the price stakes.

Wonder if it is gonna have a mashup of SX4 / Swift/WagonR etc interiors :p

Gurjinder.
    P.S. In the title it should be 90bhp VGT DDiS, not MJD. Maruti's implementation of the basic design is incomparable to FIAT's.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    To me the wheel caps of the above car looks exactly like LInea ones. I think FIAT started selling design also to Suzuki guys apart from engine technologies.
  9. To me it looks like aftermarket alloy wheel design than Linea.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Come On Fiat-India Wake up, the competitors are showing their models and announcing also the launch date, its a high time now, just act and launch the Small car ASAP.