1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suspension replacement - Fiat Linea Emotion 2010 model

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Amit Sharad Athawale, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Amit Sharad Athawale

Amit Sharad Athawale Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Hello Team Members,
    Thanks for your help and support so far - more advice needed.

I have given my Fiat Linea 2010 model for an overhaul at RS Fiat Service Centre - they have checked my vehicle and have suggested a change to all suspensions. The details are as follows:

1 Front suspension : shock up 2790; mounting buffer 1565; dumping buffer - 882; linkage 1355; lower arm: 2090; supporting nuts 425; total for 1 front = 9107
    For Both front Suspensions - 9107 x 2 = 18214 Rs, Total Labour - Rs.3892

2.Rear suspension : shockups 2090; mounting buffer 1205; damping buffer 576; nut 100
    Total for 1 rear suspension 3971
    For Both rear suspensions - 3971 x 2 = Rs. 7492, Total Labour = Rs. 950

Grand Total - Rs. 35,792 for all 4 suspesnions with labour

Do you think this is a fair deal? Should I get it done from outside at a local mechanic? Please advise if it is worth spending the money on the suspensions at the Authorized Centre. Many thanks
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    On what basis did they recommend suspension change? 36K is quite a lot of money.
    Do you find problems with suspension? Did you check with another Linea owner or a mechanic to see if suspension has any problems?
    Did you get a quote from outside FASS? As the car has gone beyond warranty, that would be cheaper option (if you can find a reliable shop).
    Please wait until you are absolutely convinced that you go need to replace the suspension..
  3. Amit Sharad Athawale

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Dear Limraj,
    Many thanks for your note. I do hear noises at the front side of the car which is of the suspension typically. Actually the previous FASS (Torrid Motors Mumbai) had suggested a change saying the suspensions have gone weak; but I did not trust them. and Now RS FASS informs me the same. I thought they were honest in their assessment. However I feel the labour cost is on the higher side; the part prices seem ok; I checked on 99rpm.com as well. I am really confused with one school of thought to get the work done through an FASS and the other being from a local garage.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Is the car under warranty? If yes, then stick to RS. If not then get a second opinion. Visit Balaji Autoworld in Thane to compare the repair cost. Talk to Wilsun Mathew at Balaji.

Please note Balaji Autoworld is no longer FASS but they still provide the services for Fiat cars.
  5. Amit Sharad Athawale

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks a lot for the reply. I contacted A trusted local mechanic and another FASS and the costs seem to match up. One correction, the cost comes to approx 30k and not 35 k as mentioned above. He is ok to give me concessions for the same, so thinking of going through RS as the difference outside is not much in my view, plus the gaurentee of original spare parts. Will call up a few more places before making the decision - thanks for all the support
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is your bigger grouse with noise or suspension ride quality. Depending on the issue you can take a decision. For queries at RS contact Mr. Deshmukh and he will oblige SOS component change depending on which parts are direly needing change. Either ways a complete overhaul will certainly sort all big and small issues in which case please attend the workshop and check for yourself.
  7. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I upgraded my GC and got new shocks, springs and few other things replaced as part of the kit. It costed me 15K approx.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/ground-clearence-upgrade-2010-linea.15382/

I don't know why they quoted 30K for you.
    Ask them if you go for GC upgrade kit, will it solve the problem? The good part is, along with all this you can get rid of scraping issue.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016