1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suspension issues you faced

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by soccerfan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    If the thud is from Left rear that is normal. Take the bump a bit slower and that sound wont be there. If its present every time there mgiht be a suspension problem
  2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

minor "thud" noise is OK

Not to worry.
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Hi

I have clocked 35000 Km of my multijet.

Now there are 2 issues of my front suspension

1) Grinding noise while turning steering
    2) Too much soft suspension (Weak Suspension)

For problem No.1, Iam going to replace Front Shock-absorber Rubber Mounts

But what about problem No.2 ?

Ground Cleanrance is intact, but car easily goes down by a single person's force. :A

Is this due to Weak Shock-abosrober OR Week Coil Spring OR worn out Anti-Roll Bar Bush ? ::O

Is there any one who has experinced problem No.2 regarding Suspension. :anyone
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Week coil spring seems to be the culprit? is it bouncing up and down after pushing down and releasing?

P.S: I saw in the extended warranty booklet that any claims in suspension components is limited to 35000KM. So I think warranty on suspension is limited to 35K KMs as reported by fellow TFIans
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Amolmane

If you are able to press the car down and if you notice that it comes up and bounces again, then it is a weak shock absorber. Normally the car body should stabilize when it comes back.

abdul
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    soccerfan,

No bouncing up and down after pushing down and releasing.

See my thrwad "Wattantee issue".

Private Registered car does not have criteria of Suspension warrantee for 30000 KM

For Taxi GP & Linea car, Warrantee is limited upto 80000 KM
  7. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    I am facing an issue with my front suspension when the car travel over an uneven surface or i get a feel on the steering as if both the front wheel have gone loose,
    and the impact of the pot hole is felt twice, like it hits something else first and then the suspension comes into the picture :(
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was experiencing some khat-khat noise from left rear especially when going over rough roads. Concorde tells me that suspension could be the culprit. I did obeserve leakage from the rear left suspension.
    Is replacement the only solution? Or is there any other way to fix the issue?
  9. I have the exact issue with my punto too. My car has done 37000 KMS. I am afraid that I cant get this fixed under warranty.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Can be a faulty steering rack or column too. Happened to me, a batch of 2011 cars had this issue. Do you get any additional rattle in the cabin?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2