1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suspension issues you faced

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by soccerfan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Going through most of the ownership threads I came to a conclusion that suspension issues are one among the most common issues faced by linea/punto owners. So thought of creating this thread which can be a ready reckoner for anyone facing issues with suspension. i will list the suspension issues faced by me till now

1) Some kind of khad khad sound from the rear
    Reason was the rear right swing arm gone bad. it was replaced under warranty

2) Leaking right rear shock absorber
    Replaced under warranty

3) Some kind of grinding noise from front left when taking hair pins
    I had checked with a TFIan who had the same issue and said its due to improper bearing seating. i have to get it rectified

4) Now a khad khad noise has started from front suspension (intermittent) when driving over potholed road and present some times while turning the steering also

Need to get this rectified. No idea what could be the reason

guys please list issues you faced and the parts replaced also
  2. I haven't faced any suspension issues, the only issues i've faced till date are

1) Front & Rear Door latch broke - replaced FOC under warranty
    2) Clutch jammed - due to water logging in hyd, TASS on road folks came home and fixed FOC
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Requesting all to post only the suspension issues they faced/facing now
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Issue 4 rectified . Culprit was the front left suspension mount. Replaced under warranty :dancing
  5. I have been facing a wierd problem with my Linea 1.3 MJD EP. I hear a crancking sound from front and rear, at times both and at times either, upon crossing any bump. The confusing part is that this sound does not come up always, even on the same bump at same crossing angle. This is not the sound of the car underbody hitting the gravel on the road.

I tried to isolate the sound, but haven't been able to identify any trend. The sound always comes once the car crosses the bump. I am assuming that its the shocker that retracts and then gets back into its position after crossing the bumps. I have tried checking for oil leaks from shockers, but nothing is visible.

Any advise will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Do you have rear mud flaps? please check if it rubs on bumps. If not take it to service centre and as SA to take a test ride
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Replace Front Suspension Mounts. I am also going to overhaul my front Suspension. my odometer is showing 35000 KM
  8. I do have read mud flaps. But the sound is too loud to be a mudflap rubbing the road. Also the sound is very different.

Amolmane: Don't you think if this was a mounting issue, it would happen every time? I go through the same bump at the same angle and still the sound may or may not come up.
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

dexterthegenius

Rear crackling noise is due to seat. Take Trial by folding rear seat.

Front sound is definatly due to Suspension mounts.

My GP also has rear noise,at tight cornering on incline.
  10. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

I have a weird issue: There was clattering sound coming from the rear, and I assumed it was the boot lock going loose. However, during my 2nd service I got that rectified and I was told that this was metal rubbing against each other.
    I don't know if I am getting it right here, but I hear minor "thud" noise from the rear when the car goes over bumps, and the sound is not always there across all bumps.

Is this a suspension problem??