1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Supreme Court Bans Tiger Tourism Across Country

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  2. This order came one week after my visit to Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A good move. Let the tigers enjoy their home without human intrusion. What about the zoo. Are they planning to free the tigers from Zoo. First of all why we need a zoo? Now days we have access to TV and we can see them in NG or discovery channel. I expect court to ban all zoo's in this country. Animal have the right to live in forest. Don't jail them for fun of humans.
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is indeed a good move after all those in-famous moves.
    We may need to have a separate section to have threads only on supreme court orders. :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    while returning from coonoor this friday, i stopped at the bandipur tiger reserve canteen where i have had delicious vadas and tea in the past, only to find it closed. couple of people present there told me that canteen has been closed, all the safaris have been stopped since last couple of days after the court notice!
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it a crime to take vada from a banned reserved forest canteen? When I look back to sunfilm order It should be.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its a very good decision. Looking at the way these areas were commercially exploited over the past 4-5 years, I am happy that such a decision has been taken.

Kiran
  8. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Actually, the ban is only in the CORE Areas of the reserve, we can continue to do safari's in the BUFFER Areas.

And of all the sightings, about 40% or so does happen in the outer reaches of the reserve - the buffer area. That way, the core areas wil be secure and we can manage to sight a few of these majestic beasts - more likely in densely populated forests like Jim Corbett, Ranthambore etc..Hope my guess holds good here!