1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sunscreens for windows

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Ranjeet, Oct 4, 2014.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Can you share some pics and how effective is the magnets?

I ordered Leader Premium Magnetic Sun Shades Curtains, I turned out to be waste. The magnets were not at all effective.
    The one you ordered is Sold By Hi Art Seller in SnapDeal & PayTm. Waiting for good offer. What was your final price?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I bought these for my car from moto minds @ madhapur in Hyderabad. The quality is very good and no issues with magnets so far. The price is higher than the ones sold online and the set of 4 coated me Rs 2500/-.

9bdcf187208b4801ce4e7e781f0de621.jpg

ab6ae0de274b2765057a107c99698f78.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
  4. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Rs 2500 /- :O
    I bought it for 500 Rs from Kashmiri Gate, New Delhi

Its not such an expensive affair
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hehe they charged me 2 AC fare for transportation from Delhi to Hyderabad.

Cheers,
    Pradeep
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Pradeep,

Does it hinder visibility with rear view mirrors?
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Saji,

I got used to them. Initially it took a while during the nights, but now I am very comfortable with them and I personally don't face issues even on the highways.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My personal experience using tints driving in Pune/Mumbai has been pretty bad. As per the law passed by the Supreme Court in 2012, use of all tinted glass is banned. Cops in pune and Mumbai are pretty strict about it and i have been stopped multiple times. Paid a fine of 200 rs (with receipt) wifh a warning that they will cut it off next time. I removed the tinted glass after 3 months.
    My front windscreen still has the 3M cr 35 tints,since cops cant detect it... They only check the side window.
    I have bought those removable dark shades from a road side vendor for use on passenger and rear windows... Cost me 100 rs a pair.

Link to details of the law passed in 2012: http://m.ndtv.com/india-news/supreme-court-bans-use-of-tinted-glass-beyond-permissible-limits-478998
  9. bluepunto90

bluepunto90 Timido

bombay
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got the "Speedwav magnetic car sunshades for Fiat Punto". Ordered it from Paytm at INR 748/- with 30% cashback in Paytm wallet. Seller was Jazzmyride just in case if anyone would like to order the same.
    Pros: They fit perfectly as they are size specific for front and rear windows.Each curtain has 4-5 small magnets along its frame which stick to the metal frame on the inside.They do not hamper the window rolling up or down function, just in case if you want some fresh air, no need to remove them. Moreover, they fit pretty firmly and do not rattle or fall off over potholes. Effective against sunlight and also increases privacy.
    Cons: The curtain keeps touching your right elbow if you have a habit of resting your hand on the door while driving. One needs to be careful while opening and closing the door as sometimes while opening, the magnet gives away and the curtain falls.Both day and night time visibility is manageable and not an issue. None of these are a deal breaker.
    Verdict: After the ban on sunfilms, this is the best alternative and is also completely legal
    Pradeepms and Bassman like this.
  10. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you post a link /pics?