1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sunscreens for windows

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Ranjeet, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hello All,

I was caught and fined by cops last week and had to remove the sun control films from all side windows of my car to get my license back. I have been looking for alternative "LEGAL" methods to control the amount of sun light that comes into my car. I have googled around a bit and seems there are magnetic sun shades & pull over sunshades available that fits the cars windows perfectly.

Wanted to know if any members have tried it and is it of good quality and ever caught & fined by cops for using the same.
  2. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Keep a Political Flag on your car.Cops will salute and let you go!-----Juz kidding!

Use transparent black papered sunshades which you can stick into the windows!

If we stick this, Cops will not catch!
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have been using stick on sun shades for couple of years now. In Blore at least, I see loads of vehicles still using all sorts of sun films - 50% to near 0% visibility. Off late, seems none of the cops are bothered about it. Almost made up my mind to go for 50% visibility sun film as its getting uncomfortable with 1 year kid on board these days. Especially long drives. Big dilemma!
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    punto_emotion likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have used suction type and also have retractable curtain type; But, that's little cumbersome to use. Thanks for the link. It looks neat, hope it will hold well against the window.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

yes i am looking more towards the magnetic ones for all windows. preferably if it has a cut for OVRM it would be great.

hi kumarg thanks for bringing that thread to my notice. i would however be great if everyone who brought this stuff give opinion and experience about the same
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2015 ---
    "STICKING" anything to glass is illegal
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have bought this product and have shared feedback. Have been stopped by cops in Delhi and Gurgaon, but no fine or warning given by them. B-)
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shadowfax Please share the real pictures after installing in your car.