1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sunscreens for windows

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Ranjeet, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    Hiii, are sunscreen films for windows & windscreen illegal? if not can someone suggest a good brand or any other options?
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I had the Film, But removed it from all the side windows except the Rear Glass,
    As my Punto's glass itself is Tinted by 30%, many time was stopped by the cop, but even they were confused when they saw its not a film.
    Lucky to have this lot of Glass
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't know the law exactly but I have heard and read that there should be 70% visibilty through the side windows. That is not a problem as there are sun control films in the market which have that kind of transparency.

I have 50% transparency film in my car and have had no issue's to date. My other cars have 70% films in them and they look like there is no film on them.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Putting any sunfilm is illegal and better to not put any. The transparency % are for OEM tints allowed on windows.

Look for some sun curtain which can be uses and removed.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    I was looking for the same and found out autofurnish window sunscreen. These are looking same as provided with stock for rear windshield.

They claim it provides clear vision from inside and privacy from outside. Filtering sun rays for saving interior from harsh sun rays.

Have a look at this link http://www.autofurnish.com/car-automatic-side-window-sun-shade-set-of-4pcs-for-fiat-linea

Price : Rs 3399

I personally like this product but finding it costly. PREMIUM CARS provide such screen as we have for rear on all doors.

Hope above info will help you. If you order this then share your reviews here.
    Ravi likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Way to expensive for what it's worth. I bought magnetic ones for my punto for just Rs 600.00 for all four windows in Gurgaon. Supply is from Delhi, so should be available there also.
  7. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Rituraj likes this.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here it is

uploadfromtaptalk1412497853865.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412497865486.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412497875020.jpg
    pdash and Dilip_dmk like this.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Do they roll with the windows? It yes, I have to search for it then. It looks good.

Last query please: how much are they effective as you can tell it better bearing delhi heat.

Thanks for the quick reply.
  10. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    @kunwar.g those magnetic ones fits quite good... are those effective in hot summers?
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014