1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sun Film - Wurth or 3M?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by shanvimal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am thinking about going for a sun film 70%, there are multiple options available. Fiat suggests Wurth brand where as many of my friends asking me to go for 3M. 3M is very costlier compared to Wurth. Anybody opted for complete Sun film for windshields n windows? Need suggestion
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any kind is film(even 100% transparent) on car glass is totally against the law.

I heard good reviews about 3M, but they are costly affair.
  3. Vikram Ilavarasan

Vikram Ilavarasan Timido

chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @shanvimal Hey buddy did you get this done ? Juz wanted to know what did you finalize and why and where did u get this done :) I'm planning the same for my car and thought it'll be helpful to hear it from you
  4. Hari baskaran

Hari baskaran Timido

Dharmapuri
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Go for Wurth..I have done wurth with 50%transparency..there is also a variant in wurth with 70% transparency.Should not cost u more than 2500..Bt avoid on the rear side,since the rear glass is embedded with defogger lines.I myself affected coz of this.The rear visibility got affected at night due to scattering of light through the defogger lines,also i heard it reduces the efficacy of defogger
    SanthoshMahizhan likes this.
  5. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Vikram Ilavarasan I have gone with Wurth..and did this at Ramkay, Chennai.. But my suggestion would be to go with 3M. Wurth is average when compared with 3M. I still found heat coming through glasses, so not worth going for Wurth.
  6. SanthoshMahizhan

SanthoshMahizhan Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I now realize why my defogger is not the same as before. After i applied the sun film the defogger efficiency is reduced. Thanks for the info. I will better remove it if this continues.