1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sun-Control Film for Front Windshield

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by amolmane, Nov 28, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Re: Sun-Control Film for Fron Windshield

Vkool 70 is a metal based film. We know that metals are good reflector of electromagnetic wave so very effective heat rejection. Down side is usually metal based films give very less visibility(unwanted especially for front). But Vkool 70 is differ from other films by giving multilayer micro metal particles that give much higher visibility(may be the reason for higher price). Its solar heat rejection (55%) is much higher compared to others. See the link for specification http://www.v-kool.com/solitaire.html. I am using Lumar AIR 75 which gives 93% IR rejection and 73% Visibility but when comes to Total Solar heat rejection it is only 39% compared to 55% of Vkool.http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsGlobal.pdf
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Hi Harish...how much did it cost you to do the entire car .?? Do you have a split up price for the same like for the front..so much..rear & side ..so much..
  3. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota

today i went to a car accessory shop and asked about sun-film, they said they will give garware on windows and rear for rs950 with 1 year warranty. can it be original? is there any way to ensure this? :anyone
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

It is basic film of garware.( Base model) Most cheapest made by Garware.
  5. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Bumping this thread for clarifications...
    I enquired 3M in HSR and they are quoting ~7,300/- for CR70. Is this the std. rate, has anyone got a better deal? Reliance quoted VKool 70 for ~11K. They had two more Llumar series one quoted was 3500/- & the other 5300/-, the SE did not know the series no. for Llumar.
    Has anyone installed Llumar on their cars, can you please let me know the Series & Price. in general any feedback...
  6. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Installed Garware elite for window and rear.And ice cool shiled for front.Total 9k.
    Doing well so far.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    is this also garware make ?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    yes ice cool shield is also from Garware
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    CR70 will cost around 6k-6.5k depending on how good you bargain.
    I fitted the GLOBAL DIAMOND series for front. so far its good. the best thing i found was the antiglare properties. high beams no more bother me.