1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sun-Control Film for Front Windshield

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by amolmane, Nov 28, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Sun-Control Film for Fron Windshield

I also agree you. Because sun film company claims that it has 75 % visibility.

But a stock front winshield has already visibility of 75%.
    Means 25 % tinting is already done by manufacturer at the time of manufactring of front windshield.

If you put front windshield film it has also 25 % tinting.

Means your front glass tinting becomes :- 25% factory + 25% after installing film = 50 % tinting. :shocked

so it becomes 100% illegal & hazardious.

If factory windshield could be 100% visibility then it would be safe & legal to install front windshield film.

Some people will say " Chalata Hai. Itna fark nahin padta". But this statement is justified unless & until you do not meet in any trauma/accident especially due to dark night+fog+heavy rain.

In dark night ,visibility is guaranteed due to powetrful xenon+additional fog lamp etc.

But if you add heavy rain+fog in dark night then it becomes :devil :devil ::OO

So Good luck to all who are using sun control film for front windshield .
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

@sungoa and cinju, the problem u had of wrinkles and bubbles was due to the installation. If the installation was done perfectly, then there would be no such problems.

@ Bhai, That is an absolutely ridiculous statement by you Bhai. And there would be a million supporters who are using this would similarly think so.

First of all bhai, u cant add on percentages (25% + 25% is not equal to 50% in this case ). Even if i believe that OEM glass has 25% tints (which i do not believe), then putting a film of 25% tint would result in following :

25% of 75 % visibility . So that does not add up to 50%. Just use a calculator u would know.

This is my biggest problem. TFI being an unbiased Forum, does not need biased post (read fanboy post). I have seen this with ur statements on Kenwood and so many other products as well and this is another example of that.

If you dnt like it, you dnt have to be sarcastic to people who use the same product. There is no problem is providing ur feedback or mentioning ur views but statements like those are unwarranted and discouraging the people who genuinly need product like these.

I have many examples of the front shield working absolutely amazingly. Ill give u my own personal example. My dad who is around 60 used to have difficulty driving in the nite due to brightness of the oncoming traffic and he could barely see nything in those cases. I got him to get VKOOL 70 installed for the front windscreen, and WHOA, now everytime he drives at night, he thanks me for getting the VKool70 done for the windscreen as it has made life easier for a 60 yr old guy.

So i would recommend one thing. This is not a CHAT ROOM. This is a forum, where people from all parts of life, from experts to novices come for information. People may blindly believe the things written here, without even realizing that they are correct or not and then blame TFI that they got the information from there. I am sorry, but the Mods should be a lilttle bit more proactive with these kind of things for the simple reason of protecting the respect and cedibility of the forum. I m sorry mods, its not a comment on nyone, just what i felt in this case.

So, If you cant provide substantial support and facts to ur information, please dont go and blabber everywhere without proper supporting facts and stop hsllucinating on perceptions.

Thanks

Ansal
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Now we would really require some sun-films to reduce the heat .... :firey ::OO

One question : hw much reflection of the dashboard on the windshield during day -time ???
    Heard the reflection is such dat u can see ur own face !!! ::pP

Dlp
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi

If you use those el-cheapo dashboard polishes that the service centre applies every time the car goes there, you can probably complete your shave in the reflection. I haven't had any such issues and I have using it for the best part of two years. The quality of installation matters a lot so please ensure the installer is capable enough.

Like Ansal already mentioned, I know of a number of happy and satisfied users of suncontrol films on the front windshield. To each his own, I guess!
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Lol Dilip sir.

Nah, i have the VKOOL 70 on the Jet as well whcih u saw. Theres nothing like that. You saw how polished my dashboard was (You guys were saying it was too much), there was still no shine or reflection on the Windshield.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

See the printed specifications of front winshield.Name of manufacturer & percentege of transperancy is mentioned.
    You will see 75% tranceperancy.

Manufacturer clearly mentioned that front winshield has transperancy of 75% . Means already 25 % tinting is there.
    Still you are denying the fact. :confused
  7. Re: Sun-Control Film for Fron Windshield

I have installed 3M CR70 for the front windsheild from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance.

Total Cost :
    CR70 - Rs. 6500 less 10% discount.

I had SolarGuard films in the old Linea and i should say they served me very well.
    Apart from the Heat rejection, the film cuts down headlight glares from opposite vehicles to a good extent.

I had driven almost 25000 kms in my old Linea and never had any issues with the vision.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Is it a polarized film? Polarized film like PP series in Lumar are suppose to reduce glare.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Please do not carried away by the IR rejection figures, which doesn't tell about the total heat rejection, which is measure of actual cooling effect. Some dealers
    will simply use the IR figures to misguide the customers. Remember total solar energy is 3% UV, 44% visible light and 53% IR. Some time they demonstrate the cooling effect with a infrared source and with putting a film coated glass plate in between our hand and source we feel a extreme heat rejection.But in real case one will not get that much efficiency. Please go through the following links which discuss this in detail.
    http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/infrared-rejection/
    http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/ir-rejection-part2-–the-slight-of-bandwidth/
  10. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai

I have vkool 70 all around including the front. I am happy with the performance.
    Visibility: no different than without film.
    Reflection: same as before film.

I have driven numerous night trips with this and I do not find a significant drop in visibility. On the contrary it makes it a bit easier as it reduces the glare from oncoming vehicle lights.