1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sun-Control Film for Front Windshield

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by amolmane, Nov 28, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Sun-Control Film for Fron Windshield

Garware is VFM. I think installation is done by untrained person.

Iam using Garware Ice-Cool Elite since 1.5 year for S window & Rear Glass. No porblem at all.

Even Iam going to install to my M Dzire also.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Bhai..maybe you are right..It may be due to untrained person. But even they did the installation with atmost care. You should see the installation process for front. It is very hectic. First they will place the film on the outer side, heat it with a dryer for making the apt shape and then they will cut it to shape. Once inside they(2 persons are doing this) will switch on the ac so that no dust from outside comes in. They will clean up the glass 2-3 times. One will be holding the film and the other will be carefully removing the film cover and the two of them will be placing the film on the windshield. In punto they have to be more carefully without touching the top pad as it has got some fur kind of material and if it accidentally touches anywhere, the film is waste. Maybe you can just watch some videos from you tube regarding the front windshield installation. Anyone here who has done garware on front windsheild ??
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Cinju, I have done AIR 75 on all sides. As I mentioned it has the wrinkles. Also two very tiny bubbles. But one think I can say is that on heat rejection it is very effective. How much liquid they use for installation is very important. If it is not the recommended level result is improper installation. My side one's I am not going to remove since it is not very visible. But I never expected this from Lumar. The way to check is as follows. Take the vehicle in bright sunlight facing the sun. try to see the glare and going very close to the film and move your head. Then we can actually feel the wrinkles(if it is there). I think go for front installation only if you are driving in very hot condition and there is no parking area for your vehicle. To escape from glare go for good brand of sunglasses preferably with a double coated polarization film(Maui Jim may be a good choice) or a branded anti glare glasses for night drive.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

HI Sungoa..even I has installed Llumar for side and rear. EVen in that too I got some airbubble kind of thing on the edges. Most of them caused by the fur thing which is there on the beeding. When they place the film on the glass, somehow the film touches the beeding and the fur things gets stuck to the film and it creates this wrinkles. One thing that the installer told me was the llumar films are much thicker and that's why they are facing this issue. They have done it better with un-branded films. I didnt get the logic behind that.I made them re-install for 2 glasses also. Anyway the UV filtering of Llumar film was 99 % and as you said, it gives a wonderful heat rejection. So I thought of keeping it as such. Here the main problem is we dont have much dealers who stock branded films like Vkool, 3M or Llumar. So we dont have much options.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Check the dealers from their website. I think in cochin they have dealers. If we do it at dealer then we can fire the company directly i case of the problem.
    This market is very competitive and a bad reputation will cause a hell for them.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Yes Cochin may have good dealers. But for me traveling from trivandrum to cochin to fix sunfilm alone would be impractical. Now what I do is I don't take a look at the sun film in a micro level. Would just look through a layman's eye. So no issues ;-). Atleast the heat rejection & UV reduction part is fully functional.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi

I got Garware Ice-cool Shield done on the front windshield and Ice-cool Elite on the side and rear for both my cars. This was done in July 2009 on both and I am happy with it. Installation is the key when it comes to sunfilm, so please take care while getting it done.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I have Ice-cool Elite for rear & side window. But I have doubt about visibility for front.So I did not opt for front glass.
    Did you face any problem in night+rain after installing film for front windshield ?
    Please inform is there any visiblity issue in night+rain ::O
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

^^ do also tell about the reflection created.... Heard too much reflection of dashboard on the windshiel due to sunfilm installation !

Dlp
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

I have removed the front film and the dealer returned the money. My advice is that one should not go for front installation since it reduce visibility. It may give 99 % clarity. But that missing 1% , I feel now, is very important in night riding.