1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sun-Control Film for Front Windshield

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by amolmane, Nov 28, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: Sun-Control Film for Fron Windshield

I am using 3M CR70 from day one on my Linea and I have not missed any objects on road thus far. Maybe I am lucky.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

I have installed AIR 75 Diamond series on my Punto. Installation was a disaster. The wind screen got lot of tiny wrinkles and it is a stain for eyes if drive for long. For examples the edges of objects are not visible. The dealer has told me that he will replace it. Is there any way to figure out whether the windscreen installed is genuine other than the warranty card? The same film installation was OK for side and back window.
    I have another query. Does Punto comes with a film. In that case if they remove will the original film also go?
    I think I shouldn't have gone for wind screen installation . I am also afraid that he may not give the install the original one again.
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

I am thinking abt Huper Optic Klar 70 on front and Klar 60 on sides.

Any experience here.

@Ansal11, Did you do some research on Huper?
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Huper optic is defo VFM but out of most of the 'top brands' has one of the lowest IR ratings which is the main source of heat. Even the new Autographic range seems to have higher ratings. What price are you getting the Huper Optic for ??
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

@ansal

Do you have some comparison? Can you share it with us?

Huper Optic pricing is not confirmed yet. I am going to meet the disti next week.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Here's the Comparison. Hope it helps

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1416
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

thnx ansal
  8. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota

what about the ones for the sides nd back,anything advisable. Looking for a cheap one with good heat rejection.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Update : The dealer had returned the money. He told that if I want he will replace the film. I didn't want to take risk again. Many swift owners had problem with ECU while installing Lumar film for front windshield because of the water entered from dash.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Even I had similar exp like sungoa. I installed Garware ICE cool 70 on the front and it is an RTA approved one and comes with 5yr warranty. The 1st installation had some major wrinkles towards the bottom and they replaced it . Now I am into more problems. Now it's been almost 1 month after installation and I started seeing tiny air bubbles here and there. It is like minor dust particles got in. I was planning to go for Llumar or 3M and the dealer was not having it and he told me that Garware is a nice product, cheaper compared to Lumar or 3M and comes with 5 yr warranty and RTA approved. What else could attract a normal person..Now night driving has become a bit difficult.Too much of glare coming in. I am planning to remove it. My personal recommendation would be to go for Vkool,3M or Llumar.It would be worth the money you invest in.DON'T go for cheaper options.