1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Summer road trip 2015: Bangalore-Kausani(Uttarakhand)-Kanyakumari-Bangalore, 7618Kms

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arun_josie, May 19, 2015.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks @Paul_Walker !

Here is the expense details minus shopping,

Hotel Stay - 31,040
    Food - 17,544
    Diesel - 21,548.28
    Toll - 7,274
    Others - 6,406 (This includes, Snacks/Junk food, Fire extinguisher, /glass breaker, torchlight, and all other expenses on the way.

Total - 83,812/-
    sdp1975, MakeTheMove and Paul_Walker like this.
  2. ravimathi

ravimathi Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @arun_josie Excellent travelogue. Kudos to all of you for this wonderful trip.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    awesome .. write up and pics dude ..
    arun_josie likes this.
  4. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    An excellently compiled travelogue. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. car_champ

car_champ Timido

Pune
    @arun_josie : I went through your travelogue on team-bhp and team fiat both. Trust me it inspired me to do recent round trip from Pune to Ooty in which I did 1100 KM's to and fro in single stretches each with small breaks in between. It was fun and an experience which is very nice. However it can't match to what you achieved. Take a bow sir. :)

Happy & Safe driving...
    arun_josie likes this.
  6. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @arun_josie Excellent travelogue, some amazing pics and must say the entire thread was like famous dialog of Sholay iss mein drama hai, action hai aor climax.(Credit card missing part was like what next!)

I read it on team bhp first - must say read it a one go!!!!!!!! it was such nice narration.
    Happy to see this post here.

Too good of your well behaved kids, way to go, compliments!!

Once again congratulations and kudos to entire family for making this trip joyful.
    arun_josie likes this.
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks novice freak. lol at the Sholay comparison. we as a family realized that we can be cooped in close quarters for 2 long weeks without bodily harming each other. :) The boys did bicker now and then..but, there was always some sights on the road to distract them. They love seeing trains, trucks when on road.

Thanks for your kind words and glad to know that my TL inspired you. Yes, its fun doing such marathon trips as we encounter a different experience altogether.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Very interesting and detailed T'Log Arun. Nice to read it through.
    It reminded me few of my previous experiences in North. Will keep reading it.
    arun_josie likes this.
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie .Hats off sire. Your TLog reminded me of my trip along with my family in the early 1990s when I was in Class VII. Yes you read it right. We covered UP, MP, Bihar, WB, Odisha, Karnataka,TN and AP during that epic trip. We had an Ambasador car for our company. After that we did multiple trips in our humble Maruti 800 usually covering UP, MP , Bihar, WB and Odisha. My dad was posted in UP and we are from Odisha. May be that had sown the seeds of travel in me since that time. I bought a Fiat only for that reason. We have already done multiple trips after I bought my Fiat and quite a few during my onsite assignments in US.

But none as epic as yours. We have done multiple trips close to 3K kms but not close to your epic trip. The plan is there but we never know when it will be put into implementation.

Cute kids you got and they seem to be enthu and well behaved at the same time. My daughter is few months shy of 4 and is an avid traveller now. She has seen more places in the first few years of life than I had seen in the first twenty years of life. And she happily belts herself up in her car seat.

God bless mate. May you travel more and have lot of fun. We will be eagerly waiting for more such TLogs.

This is one of the best I have came across in the last few years of browsing TBHP and TFI.

P.S: I read you TLog in both the forums.
    arun_josie likes this.
  10. naveengopalakrishnan

naveengopalakrishnan Timido

chennai