1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Summer road trip 2015: Bangalore-Kausani(Uttarakhand)-Kanyakumari-Bangalore, 7618Kms

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arun_josie, May 19, 2015.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Excellent travelogue and wonderful pics.
    arun_josie likes this.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks guys for all your responses.

Yes, its an awesome machine.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2015 ---

Thanks! You should plan for a trip to KK. A nice place it is.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2015 ---
    Yes. They need to revamp their marketing strategy.
  3. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @arun_josie, congrats on completing a Marathon trip, South to north to southern most. At least i m inspired to take my Jet to uttarakhand which is my native as well..
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    arun_josie likes this.
  4. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    i wish i get to do this someday soon. Really a nice travelogue !!
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie : travelling is different and penning down those experience is a different thing. I appreciate your patience to write such neat travelogue. Kudos. Keep travelling \m/
    arun_josie likes this.
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @arun_josie, read your travelogue just now. It is very inspiring. It is not very lengthy, but covers all important points and the pictures aid to it greatly. I haven't seen the videos yet though. You must have done lot of planning, I am sure, and apparently, your Noida years must have added to that.
    You mentioned about HVK CHD at few places, what is that? Some package from HVK that you bought? And were you the driver all through? of your wife also did? I can foresee your kids following your trail when they grow-up, because, generally they get bored easily.
    Congratulations!!
    arun_josie likes this.
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore

HVK CHD is a Central Hotel Desk managed by HVK. Basically they assist you in booking hotels on the run. Ex: If you whats App them that you will reach Mumbai in another two hours, they will book accordingly and will send you the complete details. Yes, you will have to share your travel plan before the trip. For more information, you can refer to the below facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/events/159377194249965/

I took their assistance for Mumbai, Agra, Nainital, Shridi and Salem. And I was extremely satisfied with the hotels they booked for us.

Yes, I was the only driver.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2015 ---
    You are lucky dude! To own a Tjet from Uttrakhand!
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie - Amazing travelogue and a great write up complimented with nice pictures. Hats of to you man for clocking 7K+ kms, that must have been one mega marathon; hopefully many more to come :)

I did a Thane - Chennai - Thane 3 weeks ago. The maximum I could manage in a day was 800 and it took me 17 hours; was just a little tired at the end and was back to my full strength the next morning. Took me 2 days to reach Chennai as we had an overnight stop over.
    Quite an accomplishment for me, but after reading this I am feeling embarrassed :)

Agree with you, the national engine is bullet proof and a terrific highway mile cruncher. It was rock solid, gripping the road like an eel even at 125; couldn't go beyond that as the Home Minister asked so slow down :) What was the top speed you managed?

Anyways, wishing you many more such fun filled travelogues. Keep the updates coming.

Cheers
    arun_josie likes this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot GirishRaghu for your kind words!

There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Each one have their own limitations and strengths. The bottom line is to enjoy the drive..
    Regarding the top-speed, We hit 160 on the Baroda - Ahmedabad expressway and on the Yamuna expressway. Otherwise mostly on the 110-120 range and occasional 130s-140s. Yes, it is very stable even at 160.I didn't keep any target to hit those speeds, I did it only when i was comfortable with the traffic and roads.
  10. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @arun_josie nice detailed Travelogue.
    Would you mind sharing the complete expense of this trip including your accommodation and other miscellaneous ( excluding shopping :))