1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Summer road trip 2015: Bangalore-Kausani(Uttarakhand)-Kanyakumari-Bangalore, 7618Kms

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arun_josie, May 19, 2015.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    All 4s,

44444.jpg

Some Numbers,

Num1.jpg

Num2.jpg

Now about the machine used for this drive:

• Despite such a long trip, trust me, we never felt tired. And, this was one reason that we were able to do 1293Kms(21H 30M) on the 12th day of this trip.
    • We took it across all kind of roads and it performed to perfection.
    • Being summer, the temperature was hottest especially in GJ, RJ, UP, MP but, we felt the temperature only when we were out of the car. The AC cooling was superb. Mostly, the temperature was set between 21-24 degrees.
    • Michelin 3ST was silent and very comfy compared to the hard Good Years I had earlier.
    • No punctures.
    • Something that I was very surprised was, the air pressure got reduced by only one point at the end of the journey.
    • Happy with the overall FE as well.
    • High ground clearance helped in some of the really bad stretches.
    Dislikes:
    • Once in a while, the iPod was not getting detected, and we had to restart the car to resolve this issue. Not sure why.
    • Wind noise on the highways
    Checks done during this drive:
    • I felt a slight left pull on the second day(on some roads), hence we did a Wheel Alignment/Wheel Balancing in Udaipur. This was just to make sure that there were no issues.
    • Brake pad check and outer body wash in Jaipur.
    • Since the trip got extended due to last minute plan change and since there was a FASS very close to the hotel where we stayed in Salem, we did a quick check-up.
    How did we manage the kids?

This was the question many asked us. To be frank, there were no extra efforts made to manage our kids. We have obviously been blessed in the kids department. *touch wood*
    • We tried to introduce new toys along the journey than giving them the existing ones which they may not have interest to play with.
    • We had enough snacks to feed them.
    • Elder one was in charge of doling out the toll payments; at a later stage younger one joined this activity too. Elder one hands the amount to the younger one and younger one hands it to me.
    • Both had fun spotting train-tracks and trains as they are obsessed with trains.
    • We avoided anything chill (juices, soft drinks and such) It was a little tough for us as we had to forgo the drinks when we were craving for a cold one.
    • Only bottled water along the way, that too only known brands like aquafina, kinley and bisleri.

Note of thanks to the following people:

hvkumar – We took his service for route plan and few hotel bookings. His support was really awesome. No wonder people call him human GPS. For more infromation, you can refer to http://hivayking.in/store/index.php. The biggest advantage with HVK CHD is: for those on long roadtrips, it gives us the flexibility to stop over at good hotels according the day's situation. You aren't bogged down by pre-booked hotel locations. HVK CHD arranges a hotel for you according to the city you have reached. This helped us stretch a few extra hundred KMs when it was possible. Ex: For us, Dhule stay was shifted to Shridi as we reached Dhule early and a stay before bangalore was shifted to Salem.

paragsachania and speedsatya – These guys gave me very valuable tips for this drive. I have never been on this route before, but they gave me a virtual feeling on how the traffic/road conditions/hotels/food/toll booth etc will be even before we started the trip and I experienced it all along.

Abhishek/ Manoj/Varun: These are my colleagues/friends who are from Uttrakhand and helped me with valuable tips on the places to see.

Nikhilb2008: Helped in my time of need by suggesting a good Wheel Alignment shop in Udaipur.

Madhu Sudhan: For helping me with valuable information on the MP route.

Vecto Motors: Thanks to vecto motors for their last minute assistance on the battery issue.

Thanks a lot Ravi!
    Yes, I totally agree with you. And getting frustrated in such situations are not going to help as well.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent Travelogue Arun. Nice pictures.

Really appreciate the family for embarking on such a trip, kudos to them too. This surely will last in your memory for a long period.

Thanks for Sharing.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Very good travelogue Arun. I am sure many more would get enthused to take this journey after reading this one! At least i am!
    arun_josie likes this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. Sanjay S

Sanjay S Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey Arun, read your post, hats off to you, for covering 7K Kms with 2 kids. Awesome post.
    arun_josie likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man, this is fantastic! And the way you have managed to capture pics of all incidents is something! Cheers to you, your family and Linea for this mega drive
    arun_josie likes this.
  7. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie - I read your travelogue on TBHP as well :)

Man, what a drive that was...you remind of the great Marco Polo who traveled his heart out...way to go mate !!!

FIAT should use your travelogue as a case study for consumers - how reliable FIAT cars are. Boy, am I proud to own one :happy:
    arun_josie likes this.
  8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent and very detailed travelogue.

tends me to do one such trip :happy: , Kudoss!!!
    arun_josie likes this.
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @arun_josie - Good One and lots of patience you've got !!
    The only longest trip I have made till date is to Tirunelveli & nearby - 1400 Kms (Up & Down)
    That is nothing compared to yours !! Long time since I visited Kanyakumari - could refresh some memories from your pics.
    Way to Go !!

- CM
    arun_josie likes this.
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome Trip, excellent travelogue and pictures, thanks for sharing thumbs%20up.gif
    Kudos to the entire family for making it such a successful trip.

Also good to know the car behaved well without any hassles and took you and your family to all destinations perfectly. Keep munching miles and let many more trips like this happen your way.
    arun_josie likes this.