1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions to remove Scratches!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by raajravi17, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hello Friends,

Need some suggestions to remove scratches. I have too many scratches on my Punto. Right side doors are scratched by some kid with stones and service center guy said it has to be painted. Left wheel arch has brushed with bus and has a little dent. And in the left front door there is a small dent with bus paint on it.

Should i re paint under insurance or should i just go for normal scratch removers to remove some of the minor scratches:confused: MJD has run 2700 kms in 1 month. Any driving suggestions also welcome. I will post the images soon.
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Take your car to a good local paint shop...they will fix these things at less than 10% of the prices charged by TASS...and Paint quality and finish will be perfect.....

Please post images that will help folks here suggest best possible alternatives....
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Normal Scratch remover only works if the scratch is not deep or not till the body. Please get second opinion from another place and then proceed. As far as insurance is concerned, check the cost and then decide.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Can you ost some photos? IF the scratches are really deep, you have no other go but repaint.
  5. Hi Friends,

Here are the pics, Right side two doors, left front door and bumper damage.
    IMAG0305.jpg IMAG0306.jpg IMAG0307.jpg IMAG0308.jpg

Sorry the clarity of the images are low.
  6. Even I would be interested in knowing about scratch remover. I have T-wine Linea and small scratches are visible. Mine are not deep and can be seen only from closer distance.
  7. I have tried normal scratch remover, it does a good job for small sctratches. You can see the difference in the first and second picture. The white lines are disappeared, but the scratches are still there. Product name is MOTOMAXX by Pidelite Fevicol. Costed be 95 bucks.
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Raajravi the scratches are little deep this has to be done little technicaly lay on your hands only if you are confident enough. Get Rubbing compound from 3m and .5 salt paper. apply a coat of 3m on the scrathed area sprinkle water slightly apply salt paper till the scratch disappears finally apply formula 1 polish for finish.
  9. Manilruben, thanks for your reply, can this be sorted out in 3M store. I enquired with TASS and local paint shops, they sd it has to be re painted and there is no other option. Are you sure this can be done by myself. They gave me a reason that the white layer is visible and the scratch cannot be removed without re painting. Quote given to me is 3500 - 4000 per door.
  10. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Raaj, As i said earlier you can do it by yourself only thing you need to be sure to be very delicate while using the salt paper else you can try with 3m store which is at alwarpet.

i would suggest first you try it out in a small area may be on the sides once you are sure then you may do it for the rest of the places.