1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions sought - Dealer not able to install Central Locking in Active in 7 mnths

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Rituraj, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Guys,

It's been a long struggle. I had ordered the Central Locking accessory for my Punto Active 7 months back while purchasing the car. Initially, the dealer delayed ordering the same from his end due to which it took such a long time to come. Now once the CL has come to the dealer, he doesn't have anyone trained enough to install the same on my car. I have raised numerous complaints, even wrote to Fiat India but to no avail. Had I known that the CL would have been such a major issue, I wouldn't have gone for the Punto Active, nor did the dealer inform me about this beforehand. Now he says that once their guys get trained, the CL could be installed. This is a never ending process, wonder when those guys decide to get themselves trained and when they actually come back and carry out the installation!

I am extremely frustrated with all this. 7 months is a lot of time and believe me, he won't be able to do the installation in the next 4-5 months either. On top of that, the dealer also has the audacity to tell me that if I get the CL installed from the aftermarket, my car would lose its warranty. The dealer in question is Pragati Motors, Jorhat, Assam. There are many frustrated Active owners like me, who are not members of such forums. Wonder why Fiat India cannot send across a team of trained personnel to carry out the installation in these Actives.

Suggestions solicited.

Thanks,
    Rituraj
  2. hi Rituraj,

I can understand your frustration, but is their only 1 dealer in assam ? i m sure you don`t loose your warranty once you get the Fiat authorized accessory fitted in your punto from outside.
    Just take the accessory from the dealer and get it fit from other TASS or try to hold a good car accessory shop and get it fit.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The biggest and perhaps the only shortcoming of Punto Active is that the variant does not have manual central locking, leave remote locking aside. Punto is a premium hatch. Though there are number of other class leading features in Active, e.g. Rear AC vents etc, the omission of manual central locking is a bad thing. Thats why I strongly recommend the dynamic variant.

Coming back to the topic, is there only one dealer in Assam? If thats so, you'll have to rely on him for warranty claims so get it done from after market only if you have a mail from FIAT Customer desk as a proof in this regard.

Isn't there any Autocop certified shop in your area? Autocop have certified trained technicians if I remember one post and getting it installed from them does not void warranty.

Any plans of a long trip in your Punto in near future? You can try some different TASC in that case.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @Drive Drift, Paddleshifter

There are many dealers in Assam and I have spoken to many of them. They have refused to carry out the installation in my car as it wasn't purchased from them. Guess, it's a major issue with them as well.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    just dump the dealer and go to some good accessory shop and install the auto-cop central locking. the OEM fiat ones is bakwas. no siren, no security nothing.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Ok, here's an update. I called up the dealer again today, he has called me over for the installation. Now the best part - he has quoted Rs 13k for the Fiat branded CL. I argued that the Fiat-India website mentions the price to be Rs 8490. At that, he said, "Ok Sir, we will see if we can get you discounts." I think I will go ahead with the installation as there is no other option with me. Even Autocop authorised dealers have said that they cannot install CL on an Active.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why give up? Do you have any long trip in the pipeline in the coming few weeks or months? Why not get it installed from some other state/place?
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Rituraj: the dealer is taking you for a ride by quoting 13K. As long as no wires are cut, the dealer cannot deny the warranty - but the sad truth is that, there are not many technicians around who can fit a CL on a Punto.

Try writing a mail to some higher ups in Fiat - you can get some mail IDs from this forum. Escalate the matter and do add that the dealer is quoting 13K for CL.

022 - 66158400 is the phone number for the Tata motors corporate office in Mumbai. Call them and lodge your compliant.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Guys, after 7 months of struggle, I finally got the CL installed on my Punto Active. Paid Rs 9900. I know its higher than the MRP of Rs 8490. The dealer says the excess amount is the installation charge. Just went ahead as I had absolutely no other option. If that isn't bad enough, here are two problems that I later noticed-
    1. Door open warning while ignition is on, even when all doors are properly locked.
    2. Cabin light doesn't automatically switch on after key is pulled out of the ignition hole after engine is turned off.
    These two problems apart, the CL doesn't automatically lock all doors after the vehicle is set in motion. Not even when brakes are pressed.

Need to take the vehicle to the TASS again - an exercise that I really hate doing.

Rituraj
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Auto-lock feature has not been provided in this CL .......

Get the rest two problems sorted out by a trained Autocop technician ...
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011