1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions required for Horn and Bulb upgrade in new linea 2015

Discussion in 'Linea' started by Pavan Puvvada, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,

I need suggestions for upgrade of Horn typically skoda and some good bulbs to increase visibility with out hampering warranty. Can you suggest the brands which we can go for it. Puneikars can you provide some good accessory shop for hassle free installations.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I installed Roots 'WIndTone' Horn . It is milder than the Skoda Horn. costed 500 Rs. 3 years back, Working flawlessly

3. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    I too am looking for headlight/bulb upgrade. I want to have a white light bulbs with better throw and coverage. There are multiple conflicting views on the forums about retrofitting the projectors and what not... However, don't want to get into the hassles of opening the headlights. Don't trust the mechanics with my 'love' as most of them rely on 'Jugaad'.
    vijaysundha likes this.
  4. maverickdev

maverickdev Timido

GOA
    Keep it stock...
  5. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Builbs visibility is very low so want upgrade.
  6. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMO, each brand has got its own identity and their horns sound unique.
    Don't understand why do Fiats have to sound like Skodas.:bored:
    There are lot of options for horns, One who is keen in horn upgrade can audition few horns, listen to its note and go according to their liking.
    BTW Trumpet (aka SKODA ) horns have become quite common nowadays, even Auto-rickshaws sound the same.

Regarding headlight bulbs, try Philips Xtreme Vision H4, these provide slightly better throw than stock bulbs.
    White lighting looks cool, but really gets poor during rainy nights or when the tarmac is quite black after the sudden downpour.

P.S: In any way I am not against these horns or against anybody's liking.
  7. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Pavan Puvvada

Headlights I can understand, horns?? The horns provided in Fiat are generally of Hella make and are sufficient for India roads. In anycase by upgrading the horn you are just adding to the already huge noise pollution on the streets. Reminds me of Red FM campaign of not being "horny" on the roads.
    maverickdev likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    +1.
    I rarely use horns (usually used as a warning to those jerks or when negotiating curves with less visibility etc).
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do understand Fiat users facing issues with Headlight, but horn ???
    Fiat gives 2 Hellas for Dynamic/Emotion variants and not boasting on the volume but it grabs attention on the road.
    The Trumpet horn of the famous Skoda/VW have been so much of a nuisance, even an Activa has it now and all thanks to the cheap Chinese makes (about 350 bucks for a Pair !).

Headlight, sadly not many options except Osram NB+,Phillips X-treme(60/55).. Any modifications done will cost you rejection of warranty for electricals..