1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions Required- Chennai-Jog Falls- Goa- Chennai Road Trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nixnarayanan, Sep 10, 2014.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Option #2 is the best one among the many routes to Goa. You can have a break at Hotel Sankam Residency, Belgaum and refuel at the opposite IOC pump.
  2. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    thanks for the suggestion, I made a typo in the start timings, it is 4 am not 4 pm.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am assuming that you are planning to start at 4 AM. It hugely depends on the traffic conditions. But definitely doable on the same day. My estimate is that you would be able to reach by 9-10 PM. Another problem is, I am really not sure if driving between Belgaum and Goa is safe after the sunset. I drove in this route last year and it was full of ghats and with no much traffic. Note that I drove during day time.

Alternately, you can plan to leave previous day evening and break somewhere around Tumkur and start the journey next morning. You can definitely reach Goa before the sunset.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ramjin, earlier plan was to start on 26th September evening around 7 pm and reach Krishnagiri / Hosur and stay there and start the next day as early as possible and reach Goa, but changed for few personal reasons but didn't know the safety issue and I will not take the risk. I will stick to my earlier plan. Hope from Krishnagiri/Hosur to Goa is doable on the same day.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Stay at Hosur and leave early at around 5 or 6 am to beat the Bangalore Traffic. You should be able to reach by evening. Also, remember to take the Chorla ghat road from Belgaum. Avoid other routes if your GPS suggests it. :)
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ramjn for your suggestion and will stick to Chorla ghat.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Planned to start on Friday evening and decided to stay at Hosur, after bangalore can you pls advice me with good restaurants for breakfast and lunch, hope to reach around 5 pm goa.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For breakfast, you can stop after Tumkur, I think Kamath is there on highway. If you quickly pass Tumkur, you can plan for breakfast at Ranebennur as well (Kamath there as well).
    For Lunch, plan at Belgaum - shankam residency - http://www.sankam.in/
  9. nixnarayanan

nixnarayanan Timido

chennai
    Well, the journey begins tomorrow. Planning to stick on with Chennai-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Blore route. Hope there are no troubles at the border.

thanks all for your valuable inputs.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Completed my journey successfully, I will pen down the trip in a separate travellogue by next week. I took the Chennai - Bangalore - Belgaum/Belagavi - Chorla Ghat - Goa (~16 hrs, overnight stay at Krishnagiri). The route is definitely scenic and while coming back I took Goa - Ponda - Ramnagar - Hubli - Bangalore - Chennai (~15 hrs, overnight stay at Tumkur). The route between Goa boarder until Ramnagar was not too good. Took lot of time to cover this distance, but once you cross Ramnagar, the roads were butter smooth and could cover a lot faster.
    ramjn likes this.