1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

suggestions on ICE for Fiat Punto Active

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Saurabh2177, Jun 13, 2013.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HEAD UNIT

Well, for a new HU, do make sure that it has 3 RCA pre-outs. That will make it future proof if you intend to add a subwoofer system in future.

For a decent budget, look at these Head Units from JBL:

http://www.indiajbl.com/CarAudioProduct/20101221102955368532255.pdf

This website lists the price t Rs3290/-
    2 years warranty Car Audio Multimedia Head Unit USB, SD Card, AM/FM Tuner

The IndiaJBL site is not working (under maintenance) but these pdf links are still working.

FRONT SPEAKERS

I would advise you to audition a few speakers and check which ones suits your requirements. I would advise against an external amplifier at this stage and it would be better to buy component speakers for front doors in the budget of Rs4500-6000. Make sure that the speakers you buy are 4 ohm speakers preferably.

There are many good brands you can try: JBL, Rockford Fosgate, Hertz etc.
    Size: 6.5 inch.

REAR SPEAKERS

For rear speakers, co-axials are good. Buy any 6.5 inch co-axials in the range of Rs2500-3500. Brands are again the same.

Total budget: Rs 12000-14000 approx. This saves you a lot for getting the front doors damped with material like dynamat or dampmat. Damping cost is approx Rs1500-2500 (variable) per door depending upon the amount of damping done. A good damping is like a good SPMS of an assembled PC. Its one of the most ignored aspect of a car's ICEing.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Thanks mate.. I will check today here in Pune and see the options specified. One more thing, will the HU leave a lot of space in the dashboard and make it look little dull and odd ??

If I get the complete JOB done outside, will the warranty get void ? Or should I do it in FIAT accessories ?
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's really very less for a quality sound, but you are happy with the setup then 20K is more enough :)
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stereo Cover on dashboard for Fiat Grande Punto

Have a look at this. When installing aftermarket head unit you need this fascia:

- - - Merged Post - - -

Do NOT waste time and money by getting stranded in a FIAT service center.

My door harness wire got cut on its own and fiat srrvice center just put joints n nothing else. Wonder why they keep threatening people with this warranty fraud if someone wants a little modification to audio system.

Dont worry your warranty wont be void if the installer doesnt cut any wire. Just get a head unit and 4 speakers. Do not add amplifier or subwoofer in first attempt. Hope you will like the speaker set up itself. Damping is your wish whether you want to spend on it or not.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Yea, even I think d same. I will not go expensive in the first attempt. Will try to get a decent one in the budget. And lets see later if I will be needing some more.

Thnks for the stereo cover.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Hey Saurabh if you really want good sound output from your setup, then you must change the HU. Otherwise you would regret for spending money on those useless acc.

HU-> JVC KDR 90BT (~12K)
    Speakers-> Bull audio compos(5k), Polk audio compos(7K)

Get only a single pair of speakers and keep the rear fills empty.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This may be subjective but I feel that one should install speakers in all four doors rather than just the front 2 doors.

Sometimes I adjust fader to pump music mainly from the front speakers and the listening pleasure is not as good as that with all four speakers.
    1 person likes this.