1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions needed: Munnar/Coorg/Wayanad from Chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vigneshrace, Sep 7, 2014.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    edakkal caves - you would need 3-4 hours to climb the peak (1200 m above MSL) and would need your physical efforts. It's worth since you can see the pictorial writings dating to 6000BC.

kuruva island - this is OK to be skipped, though you could play within a water stream inside the island (for that you need to walk for 2-3 kms and back).
    These 2 points could consume most of your single day.
    vigneshrace likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Many of the places you have listed above is not at all worth paying a visit. This is purely my opinion. :)
    vigneshrace likes this.
  3. I suggest you one hotel in Munnar. Name of the hotel is "Hotel Bellmount" its very reasonable and quality is good and location wise also very good. I stayed there for 3 days. you will get a decent room in 1500-1600Rs including morning breakfast.
  4. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    I am starting my trip to Wayanad now!
  5. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,

I need suggestions for a trip to Goa from Chennai!!

I found it is more than 900kms!

We are a group of 5 boys so we need some decent staying hotels/cottages and also the mandatory places of visit!

Mods:Change the header to GOA
  6. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    I have planned to start my trip to Goa on June 3 from chennai!

What is the best route to reach Goa after Bangalore?
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vigneshrace, I drove to Goa last September and I took the below route

Chennai - Krishnagiri (overnight Stay) - Bangalore - Hubli - Belgaum (Belagavi) - Chorla Ghat - Mapusa, since I was staying near Panji I took this route and excellent Ghat roads.

While coming back, I wanted to try different route and took NH4A, Mapusa - Panaji - Mollem - Hubli - Tumkur (overnight stay) - Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Chennai. The road condition in Goa was excellent and after that it is tragedy until you reach Ramnagar (hope I named the place correctly), took almost two hours time to cover around 40 odd kms and from there it was a breeze, the ghat road was in excellent condition.

To my knowledge, if you start early (say around 3 am ) from Chennai and you maintain good speed, you should be able to cover in a single day and you need minimum two people driving and try to avoid many stops. I started late around 8 pm from Chennai and stopped in krishnagiri and started around 5 am from there and reached the resort around 4 pm and we did not stop for Lunch, I was the only one driving even though my wife knows driving, she don't want to drive.
    vigneshrace likes this.
  8. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Dhaya,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion.

I will be following your first route tomorrow.We will be starting from office after 6 PM and have planned to drive in a single stretch without any stays!

Many people said about the route connecting to Mysore from Bangalore and from there to connect Goa!
    Do any of you have any idea on that route?

Mods:please change the thread header to Goa
  9. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I would suggest the below route

Chennai-Krishnagiri- BLR Nice road- Nice road exit to Nelmangala- Chitradurga- Gabbur by pass- Exit to SH34 towards Alnawar/Ramnagar- Mollem- Ponda- Panjim

Excellent road all the way till Ramnagar, a small uneven section 10kms between Ramnagar and Anmod and then brilliant roads once you cross the border into Goa.

I do the above route from BLR in about 6.5hrs, if you maintain a steady pace you should reach Panjim by 10am next morning
    vigneshrace likes this.
  10. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Roadking,

Other than that 10 km stretch, rest all are four lane roads and highways right?

Actually, Google maps are showing little different route!

Now i will be following the route suggested by you today eve!

Thanks!