1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions, needed for front grille color.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sriramr9, May 12, 2015.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    While buying the car I have painted the Brake Callipers and mirrors to red color. I also have projector hedlight with RED angel eye.

This Red and White combination looks damn good :happy:
    sriramr9 likes this.
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Friends, The total bill has come to 45000 including 15000 insurance cover, pretty fat and i had to foot 30k from hand. Shall share details and pics shortly.

Some info from Body Shop guys: Denting, tinkering repairing and painting costs per door have increased drastically, for e.g. 4800 rupees per door to 6300.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please post some pics of the work done.What kind of paint was used,have you painted the whole car ?
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    No, Car was not painted fully. Repairs done to the body were as follows. The car is 3.5 years old.

1. Deep scratch and abrasion in front bumper left side - Scrubbing, Repairing, pasting, painting.
    2. Front right fender denting, pasting, repainting.
    3. Front Left door deep scratch correction, pasting, painting, rubbing, clear.
    4. Rear Left door deep scratch correction, pasting, painting, rubbing, clear.
    5. Rear Right and left door rust patches repairing, scrubbing, pasting, sealing, painting.
    6. Rear Bumper replaced, insurance.
    6. Trunk door denting, repairing, re painting, new logos replaced.
    7. Rear left quarter panel repairing, repainting.
    8. Front right door reinforcement beam sealant and repairing.
    9. Rust arrest in rear left top edge.
    10. Some touch ups in wheel arches.
    11. Replaced Emotion Grille with Active variant Grille.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you for the information.After the workdone, the car doesnt shows up with differences in the new and old color ? sort of missmatch ?
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Apologies for late replies. Since job is done in FASS inhouse bodyshop, there is peace of mind when it comes to color matching. I am yet to get the full body polish done, which i planned to get done over the weekend.

For your question, there is no visual mismatch that is identifiable glaringly. i think your question would hold good if the match is perfect once the 3m polish is done. pl standby shall post pics after polishing.

The active grille to some extent gels with the white expanse but the fog lamps are still ash colored. Not finding time to get it done as i took delivery in an urgency to attend to personal work.
    Ganges likes this.