1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions, needed for front grille color.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sriramr9, May 12, 2015.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Given my Jan 2012 GP for denting repairing and rust treatment. Vehicle is 3.5 years old and showed signs and progress of rust in both rear doors at the bottom, where there was a opening for water to seep out, front two doors were just fine. There is rust in trunk door too and some places in the bonnet. getting all of it repaired now in the OEM body shop facility by ramkay chennai,

Rust is the biggest enemy experienced in my car and getting things fixed as part of this early to mid life body shop job for the vehicle to extend its life was vital.

As part of this above, i wanted to do a mild cosmetic makeover like painting the front grille black. Is it a better to paint it or swap to a active grille along with black fog lamp covers.

Will the car look odd if the grille alone is made glossy black leaving the fog lamps grey ? Pl advice. Is there a update needed in RC for the above ?
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Which colour the car is now?
    If possible post a pic.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is what i have done 2 years back,Red colored grill.Attention guaranteed. :D

Alloy.jpg
    sriramr9 likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Instead of painting the grill, I would suggest you to buy Punto Active's grill from F.A.S.S. which is not costly.

The paint will peel off for sure after few months. I would suggest you to color the fog lamp covers too which will gel with the grill.

Check my Punto 90hp with black fog lamp covers n grill.

d2973b1132b65f8788cb9090c6fd0768.jpg
    sriramr9 likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I would suggest this rps20150513_103918.jpg
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Tornado
    Thats my next color change to the grill. ;) Thank you for the reference pic,

@kedarbendre
    Why the color will peel off ? you need to brush off the grill with sand paper and then paint it. i didnt see any peel off.
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks All for your views. Ganges, Kedar and Tornado.

@Ganges, Red is the best no doubt, but i doubt the paint job quality here, how about cherry Red color, just thinking all possibilities. Black color that is shoddy will not stand out is my humble opinion.

@Tornado, BNW White for grille is again subjective, though it suits the Palio the best, still unsure and feel would be too monotonous with out a contrast, Shall consider that for sure.

@Kedar. Swapping to Active Grille is the best idea to stay close to stock look and for longevity aspect. Is the current grille trade able ? I am sure the Active grille should cost 1200 bucks at least.

By the by are you really sure if the peeling of paint will happen for sure ?
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Paint is actually meant for body which is made up of metal and grill is of fibre, or kinda botox, so susceptible for changes in temperature & humidity so possibility of peeling off is there.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sriram,
    black also will stand out ,but you need to do lot of mods like black roof top,black healight assembly,black alloys,black filming glasses.
  10. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Ordered, Active Grille, and requested to blacken fog lamp holders. I am not huge fan of two tone layout hence decided to blacken these two alone.

@Kedar The Red mirror cover, was it a swap from the absolute edition 90HP one or did you get it painted red ? which will be more apt in this case. I am too inclined to Cherry Red Mirror colors which will blend well with the white color of the body ?