1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions needed for Alloy upgradation

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by shankspatel, Apr 1, 2015.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have 195/65 R15 Michelin plc on steel rim as stepney and it sits there without any problems
  2. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After upgrade I was not able make out any difference in ride quality, this may be because I did both suspension(high GC kit) upgrade and tyre profile change simultaneously, in which stiffer ride effect due to high GC kit is well offset-ed by cushioning effect due to higher tyre profile.
    Obviously it will result in less reading in odometer and lesser mileage in trip meter but in actual, there is no change in distance covered and mileage because it covers more distance per rotation as result of increase in circumference.
    As per calculation from http://tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm, it will show the error of 3.17%, i.e. when car runs at 103.17 mph, speedometer displays 100mph.
    johnny likes this.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Maddy. I too was told about the rear wheel clearance by the tyre shop guy, whose father has a Punto.
    Regards
    Johnny
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i am on my second set of 195/65 r15 tyres and before opting for this profile i had done my bit of research too by speaking to few guys who already were using these.

WRT the point about rear wheel clearance, yes it is a little less but tyre does not touch the wheel lining unless the rear bumper is bent slightly inwards which often is the result of a hit on the bumper.

Recently i got my friend to get his rear bumper removed and refitted for alignment due to this complain. He had gone for 195/65 r15 profile on my suggestion and was complaining that the rear tyres are touching the inner lining.
    The problem as expected was solved after the bumper alignment.
  5. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks guys for the suggestions, for now i will stick with the stock alloys, as i don't wanna shell out 44k more just for the alloys. i will try playing around with decals and spoilers for now. still i find alloys of Avventura too sexy.. and may be in the near future if fiat comes with a decent discount for them, i will try to replace them with the stock alloys.