1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions for speakers please..

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by levis lover, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Hello everybody,
    Recently i bought Beautiful Punto 1.3 EP. But i am not happy with the performance of the speakers.
    I would like to go for an upgrade. I can spend a max of 10K.
    Do not want high level of base but the more the better in this budget.
    For which speakers should i go ?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Levis lover- I got my speakers upgraded from Car Life, sector-27. I went for JBL comps in the front and JVC 4 way co-axials at the back.

I think this is a nice combo but I would suggest that you go for JBL co-axials at the back instead of JVC.

A better option is Rockford Fosgate (RF) speakers. Delhi TFIan Karan Sharma has got RF and I've heard them. Output is very good IMO.

BUT, in Chandigarh, only JBL is having service center as per S.K. Motors, sector-28.

Be advised that the most important thing is damping. It is "mandatory". And second most important thing is installer's skill. Amit at car life is a very good installer but in my case 3-4 people starting doing ICE upgrade. I should have stopped them. There are lots of rattles in my doors now.

Your approx bill would be:
    Front comps- Rs4500
    Rear Co-axials- Rs2000-Rs2500
    Damping behind the speaker cones- Rs1500 for 2 doors and Rs3000 for all 4 doors. Charges for full door damping would double.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Levis... you are definitely gonna get a whole lot of answers on this.. Within this budget you will get a decent output with enough base. Dont expect it to be like with the amp setup. For me I am satisfied with just the speaker upgrades. I had used Hertz Component on the front and polk co-ax on the rear. What I hear about these speakers are, within the limited output of the HU you will be getting a decent sound. Well I am not a techie in these aspects and I am telling this purely with my own experience. Very soon you are going to get confused ...Good luck :)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thats the only reason why i'm afraid to upgrade the inadequate factory speakers.

Gurjinder.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Clash81- They can't sell them as an aftermarket accessory. Anyone with working sensory system will get away from them after holding them in hand. They weigh somewhat 20-25 grams each only. I have preserved them at home. :wink:
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I fitted Hetrz DSK 165 and ESK 165 , components in front and co-axials at rear, total cost 8000/-, has good mid range and high frequencies. Much much better than the JBLs as compared against my friends installation with same CD.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The budget tht u have is fairly good to have decent components up front.....i wud suggest u listen to DD or Rainbow comps.....they are simply amazing for the price they are offered......both around 8k after discount....and try avoiding rear coaxs if u drive solo more often....as fronts r more than enough

Rest is ur call