1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions for correcting a mistake

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by navi_tjet, Sep 2, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Guys, I made a mistake and need some sincere advice. I am currently having 2004 wagon-R and upgrading to Tjet. I did not want two vehicles and I went to evaluate the car at true value. I was happy with the evaluation price and agreed to sell it off. I signed some document there, I don't know what, and handed over the originals. Since I did not have Tjet delivered at that time, I asked the true value guy to let me keep the vehicle for a couple of weeks, to which he agreed.

So the car is currently with me now. But some sudden turn of events have necessitated me to continue with Wagon-R for some more time as my parents are joining me for a long time. Is it possible to get the deal cancelled? Or would they have changed the ownership already? Please guide me as to what options do I have now to get the papers back. I am ready to part with some money to keep the car if required, but how much would be a justified amount?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Hope this does not mean that you are backing out of buying the Jet. That would really sadden me. I am assuming you have decided to retain both cars.

How could you sign documents without reading? If you do not know what you have signed, what can we say? Moreover, you are saying you have handed over the originals. I think you have left yourself very less room to back out. Having said that, try to reason with the Truevalue guys. They might be willing to budge, but might charge a penalty. I am assuming what you have signed must be the transfer papers. But I doubt if the ownership would have been transferred, considering that you still have physical possession of the car.

Let us know how it goes.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thank you so much for the response, Rajan :). I know you are a true Jet enthusiast and would like to see Jet community grow :). I am not going to disappoint you - my jet will land in a week's time and I am waiting very eagerly for her to land. But I need to retain Wagon-R as my second car.

About the documents, yes I know I screwed up by signing the papers without reading! They wouldn't have transferred the ownership till the time they find a buyer. But I agree with you that backing out of the deal is now seem to be at their mercy. But then there is no harm in trying. Let us see. Will you keep you posted.
    2 people like this.
  4. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    They cannot do anything ..if they try to ask more dont agree..and dont issue them clearence certificate for wagon r

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From Navi's initial post, I gather that he has already signed the transfer papers. Moreover he has also handed over the originals. I would suggest reasoning with them, rather than fighting. An ideal approach would be to offer paying a reasonable sum for the paperwork done.

Alternately, go ahead with the deal and get your parents a Nano. IMHO, that would a win for everyone :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Navi_jet, I believe the papers you signed are the the Delivery note and the related documents and the Form 20 of course. Get in touch with that guy and explain your situation to him and they should be able give you back the documents and in return subject to the cancellation fee that may need to be borne by you. Have you already taken the payment from the true value guys? If yes then its a tricky situation to be in. Which true value dealer is this?
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Rajan - I agree one doesn't gain much by fighting. I'll try to talk through and see if it can be resolved amicably. Thanks for suggesting nano. I can consider that if things does not work out well.

Krishna - I remember signing at one place only. I believe it could be form-20. Fortunately, i haven't taken the payment from true value guys. The dealer is in question is Pratham Motors, they have been pretty reasonable to deal with till now. Let us see how is experience this time. I too hope that they can let me retain the vehicle by paying off some cancellation fee and evaluation charges.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ah thats the vehilce delivery note. Form 20 will have multiple signatures. Should not be much of a head ache. Explain your situation to them and that should convince them.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Navi

I find it strange that the True value dealer allowed you to keep the vehicle or were they too having second thoughts of proceeding with the deal. Normally once the transfer papers are signed and sent to RTO for change of ownership, the car is officially handed to the dealer/new owner provided all the payments are done. In your case since the payment is yet to be done, if the car has indeed gone for ownership change then it may have to be reversed which is a little bit irritating considering that it involves RTO again.

All the best. Hope this settles smoothly without any parties having to suffer.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    What a mistake. I would call it blunder.

First, you sign papers without reading them. Second, you don't retain copies of anything. Third, you hand over your originals.

Please note that even if you have sold the car, you are legally responsible for it until the RTO changes the ownership.