1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions for body repair

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by navi_tjet, Sep 23, 2013.

1. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine took around one month. I hope you have registration fee receipt. Try with that. Dont go for door change..My car was hit and the damage was worse than yours. Claimed insurance from BA.
    Total 10139/-.
    BA payed 7836/- rest was from my pocket around 2490/-. There was paint depreciation on the claim around 13%.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I have been busy with personal and professional things and couldn't update the thread. A quick update is I went to Carz yesterday for a quick estimation of the cost. I was given an estimate of 6K+taxes, which I thought was very reasonable. It would require 3 working days to fix the car. I checked out the facility too - they seem to use something called miracle dent removal tool to get the dents out and then use the manual tools. I checked out a finished car ready for delivery and the quality of work seemed to be quite decent. They seem to have taken care of the stray droplets of paint not falling on other parts quite well.

Anyhow, I would visit the SC on the weekend, and would probably decide one of these two places for the repair work.I am more inclined towards carz now because of the close proximity to where i stay.

BTW, the door would be carrying some electrical wiring too for the door lock, automatic windows and speakers. I am concerned if there is a chance of wiring/speakers getting damaged in the process. Is that a possibility during the repair work? Please share your thoughts/feedback on this. I am usually not this paranoid but dealing with Fiat, insecurity about the FASS and FNG messing up something is what is making me think from all possible angles.
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Today being a saturday, I had planned a visit to SC for a long time. Well its been a week, but to me driving around with bruised beauty, it seems like an eternity. I had some work on Richmond Road, after finishing that, I was on my way to SC. I had mugged up the map quite well and reached the destination albeit after having entered a wrong cross road! I met up with Bharath and told him that I am friend of Rohit (thanks Rohit for the reference) and he was quick to recognize him and me too.

I showed him the damage. He quoted 2 days for the work and an estimate of 7K, which was as per my expectations. I told him about my apprehensions of getting the shape of curve back. He then proceeded to show me a skoda rapid with exact same damage fixed. In first look, the work was simply amazing. But I have a problem - I start looking into finer details. I observed the curve restoration part - it was 99.9% good, but it wasn't like original. Then - a small scratch on freshly painted door - barely noticeable.

This made me realize that getting back the original shape of fender would be a miracle. Moreover, the part is not accessible from outside, so it would likely be restored by the pullers and imperfections hidden by putty.

I know they are still the best when it comes to serious body work, but the nature of injury Jet is having, I don't see any relative advantage going to them compared with Carz. Besides, the paint job of Carz seemed to be marginally better. Getting the car repaired at Carz seem to have one more advantage - I can visit in between and see the quality of work after tinkering. In case of SC, it would be tough to go in between just to see how things are progressing.

Heart says SC but brain says Carz. Please let me know any final minute feedback. I am all set to handover the car to carz by Monday.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    No confusion go to Carz. As you said paint quality & tinkering work is better with Carz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Am posting similar thing that happened to me - not creating another thread for similar issue. 3 days ago, took a usual turn on a canal bridge that I do, and heard what we don't want to hear - metal scrape. Had taken a sharper turn due to two idiotic women coming from the opposite side. Saved them/ dented myself and OB MJD on the left rear fender and minimally on the door.

Am in Ahmedabad, and people in Mumbai and Bangalore seem to be getting the best of places for things such as ICE and body work. Anyone suggest me where to take my car in Ahmedabad ?

ejezypy6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. kamikaze

kamikaze Timido

Bangalore
    @navi - I hope the TJet is back to its original glory now. Do you have any feedback on the quality of work @ Carz?

I have a dent similar to yours - requiring repair and painting of the LH door, lower Qtr panel and some bumper touch-up. Got quotes from Vecto, Sai and Trend (near Vecto). Vecto is quoting 9500 for repair and painting (the body shop man Mr. Reddy initialy even hilariously suggested replacing the door for a scratch - it is instances like this that take the trust away), Sai is quoting 8500 and Trend is quoting 7500. I have had a good experience with Sai before but their quote seems to be higher than usual - with some not so great reviews in the recent past. Trend has great reviews on T-bhp, but I was not impressed with their body shop - especially their paint shop which is open to air beside a very dusty road. I haven't tried Carz yet - will check them out sometime this week.

Any personal experiences on Carz or Trend will help me decide.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We don't have much review on Trend, but t-bhp has lots of good review.
    Few members here used service from Sai Colorium, and they are happy.
    1 person likes this.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me clear out your doubt's on the RC thing. Assume you but a brand new car and are driving out of the showroom, while approaching the road another vehicle bangs your car and you are left out with huge damages on your car. Will you wait for 2-3 months for the RC to arrive? For a brand new car the only things required are the sales invoice from the dealer, the Road tax receipt, your driving license (valid to be precise) and the copy of your insurance policy. That's it! When your car is more than 3 months old, the RC becomes a mandatory requirement for a insurance claim and not prior to that.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. sachi

sachi Timido

Bangalore
    There is one more TATA authorized workshop by name SIGMA MOTORS on Kanakpura main road. He has a paint booth and the quality of work is really good. I have got couple of damage repairs done from this workshop and I am really satisfied. He also restores cars mostly Indica cabs which would have almost reached the state where the car is beyond recognition. He also does paint job for other cars. One of my friend got his new Toyota Liva damage work done here and the paint match is amazing. He does it a very reasonable rate.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys my Punto got deeply hurt on the boot door. It was parked on the street and when I saw a big dent is there at the back. As there is no scratch mark but big dent is there, I feel some kids may be hit with a football.

Now what should I do?

1- shall I go to FASS to fix it ? Or outside somewhere else ? Any good shops in bangalore?

2- my TW Punto has so many deep scratches along with this dent. So any shop where both the finishing and dent removal can be done ??

Please suggest guys. I want to fix my Punto ASAP. Can't see her like that for long.

Thanks in Advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk