1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions for body repair

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by navi_tjet, Sep 23, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I feel its fine. denting painting of a door alone should cost 5-6k at FASS! here they have to paint the rear fender too.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. We also took a quote outside for which they quoted Rs. 6k. Still, my friend wanted to go ahead with Ramkay and claim insurance. :)

Note:- Cost includes tinkering and painting for both the door and the rear fender.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Driv3r for your inputs on Sai Colorium. 90% of the reviews I went through had positive to say about Sai, which makes it on the top of my list at the moment. I guess there is 10% probability that things can still go wrong. Your suggestion for holding on to repairs till I get accustomed to bigger dimensions is good. Infact that was my initial take on it - to wait for a couple of more months before I hand her over to workshop, but the metal has got exposed at a few places and rust may get settling in some time. I also want to spend some time on proper R&D before going for repair to minimize chances of disappointment at the hands of workshops alter. If you have experience with Sai, can you please share more details - pics etc. Also is the quality of workmanship dependent on the SA you go to or do they do a good irrespective of who your attendant is?

Thanks Sat-Chit-Ananda. I am consider Sai based on positive feedback only - your comment adds to my confidence to go there for repairs.

Pdash - Maratha halli is quite near to where I stay but I guess distance wise Sejal, Sai and Trend would be almost equidistant. Please correct me if I wrong, but from what I gather, this is relatively newer and smaller facility and is not quite "proven". And the damage on Jet seem to be quite a lot. Do they have good technicians and machines to handle such cases? Please share the details if you have positive experience with them.

Thanks for the inputs Ravi. I too have heard good things about TA. Sejal and TA were on the extended shortlist based on tbhp reviews. I plan to see the workshops before handing over the car, so will see both over the weekend. I know for sure concord had good body shop, but any ideas which dealer has better body shop after the split?

Thanks for the response Ram. Thats the approximate cost I have come up with based on past experiences. In my case it could be a little more because bumber is scratched too and needs "spot painting", and plus I would need to change the chrome door moulding as well which I guess would take it to ~15K.

Shams, agree the FASS cost would be more than outside. My experience with Maruti body shop wasn't exactly great, ASS is costly and they don't always do a great job. OTOH independent garages seem to do a better job. Hence my inclination for independent garage. I am still willing to try FASS body repairs if there is a good one in Bangalore.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Why dont you check the quots frm both Carz & Sai then go for repair.

I went to carz since both are good at quality of work but cost wise found carz was reasonable.

Visit them first & then decide.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have very good experience with sejal motors, it is near total mall near dodenakundi,, I saw many good brand cars getting body job done there. if you have time u can take a quotation from them. contact person is suresh. He was a ex Maruti guy.
  6. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello Navi,

This is so unfortunate. Just the other day at 3M HSR, we were all admiring at your car and other Fiats that were present, and then this happens:irked

I can personally vouch for Sai Colorium. My Linea was also banged by a truck and gave it to them for repairs by claiming insurance. The entire process was managed very professionally by the team at Sai. Within 5 working days, the car was given to me and the job done was PERFECT.

So don't worry, your car will be back to its original glory soon.

PM me if you need any contact details of Sai
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks again pdash for sharing the positive experience with Sejal. I was checking out tbhp reviews on SM and they seem to have done a fairly decent job. Let me talk to Mr Suresh over the weekend and see what he has to say about it. I am okay to pay a premium, but I am looking forward for some quality job.

Hi Rohit, It was good to see you at 3M the other day, and Puntos and Lineas parked in a line in various beautiful colors was a sight to behold. I was glad that my Jet is part of the gang too. But then my stupidity brought this on to me. I am dying to get her back to shape as soon as possible.

It is good to know that your Linea was brought back to its pristine state in less than a week's time by team Sai. I guess they do not have cashless tie up with Bajaj Allianz, but thats least of my concerns now. I badly want her back in perfect state. Weathered too had good words to say about Sai Colorium based on his personal experience. This gives me confidence that my beauty would get a good plastic surgery by these guys :). I'll visit these guys on the weekend. Please PM me the contact details of anyone you know over there.

Thanks for the response FY. I was searching for user experience with Carz and yours was the only one I could find. Its good to know that your experience with Carz was a good one. I stay quite near to Carz and I would prefer to go with them after checking their outlet. I might have a few questions for you after the visit, so please be prepared to be bothered by me with a list of questions :).

BTW guys can the fender curves be restored to perfection? Any particular points I need to be aware of before finalizing the workshop?
  8. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you are planning for insurance claim then visit Ebony motors near Hebbal, as this service center handles cashless claim for BajajAAllianz (Not sure if KHT motors does have tie up with BA).

Register a claim through toll free and call BA Bangalore local office(forgot the number sorry) for updating the service center name in the claim. Then visit the service center before 9:30 or call Guru, SA at Ebony Motors (7353779508), as the BA surveyor checks with Guru and other BA cashless garage if there are any vehicles for inspection on his way to office.

RC & license xerox is required for claim.

Other option is, if you willing, check with Trend automobiles on hosur road..

Trend Automobiles
    38/7, Near Krishnappa Reddy Bldg,
    Garvebhavipalya, Hosur Road,
    Bangalore - 560068
    Ph : 9900561111/9686454537

Note: These are just pointers. :)
  9. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks for the pointers Solomon. I do have my shares of misfortunes - Banged the car in the second week of ownership and I haven't received the RC as yet :(. Do you know how long does it take for the RC to arrive? and can I claim insurance before receiving the RC?
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    By all means I will be ready to resolve your queries.
    Yes it can be brought to original shape.
    At Carz meet Mr. Ramkumar, he is very much aware of TFI & my silver punto.
    1 person likes this.