1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions for body repair

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by navi_tjet, Sep 23, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hello friends!

The unthinkable happened. I was taking out my 10 day old MG Jet out of the parking yesterday and a momentary loss of concentration resulted in car hitting and scratching the pillar. Rear left door, fender and rear bumper got dented and scratched quite badly. I am looking for a competent garage where the damage can be undone and restored to factory finish condition. Please let me know some good places to get this done. Two places am I currently considering for the repair work are 1. carz near bellandur flyover and 2. Sai Colorium. Second one is based on positive feedback from t-fiat and t-bhp members. I have read about a couple of good reviews on carz but if I go by that criteria then Sai outshines carz by a big margin.

Second issue is regarding insurance claim. I have taken Bajaj Allianz insurance, but I haven't yet received the RC. Is that an issue in claiming insurance?
    I thought BA was good, but even their toll free number 1800-209-5858 doesn't work :A. It stops me out at the language selection menu itself stating "invalid selection".
    What a screwed up insurance I have purchased! This can be another checklist item in team-fiat PDI : try the tollfree number for insurance you are going to buy!

Here are some snaps

IMG_20130922_105313.jpg IMG_20130922_105319.jpg IMG_20130922_105846.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :(

Very sad to see this. But, live and learn. It'll be back to perfect in no time.

Yes you will need the RC during the paperwork.
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks for the quick reply Gurjinder. Yes there is no option now but to live and learn. Unfortunately learning is coming at a heavy price, more so on emotional front than financial front! I guess the repair damage is going to cost me close to 15K :(, if paperwork can't be done before RC arrives then I'll pay it up from my pocket. Driving with the damage is more depressing.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I don't think so. Get hold of the BA claims process firstly. That will clear up everything. Hoping the toll free number works this time!

Register the claim firstly. The paperwork can be handled later. You will be having some proof of ownership if the RC hasn't arrived yet - that should work.

Don't spend out of your pocket. You paid the insurance company to handle such situations ;)
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Saddening Navi. Take her to Sai Colorium. But make sure you keep an eye on the progress of work.

I would advise you to hold on for a while until you get accustomed to the dimensions of the car and then get the body work done. She would be fine soon, worry not!
  6. I vouch for Sai colorium.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if you are staying near by martha halli, please take quotation from Sejal motors, they charge very less for body repair job, and their job is very good
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I heard Trend Automobile, on Hosur road is good. So depending on where you stay, you can choose.
    But better to claim insurance and fix it from FASC.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Same kind of damage happened to one of my friend and the car was taken to Ramkay in Chennai. It costed around Rs. 11k.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

11k is a bit high Ramesh, unless they changed the door.

The door should be tinkered and painted, and some area of the wheel arch too. Ideal price would be around half of 11k.