1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestions/Advice needed

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by lowflier, Jan 3, 2012.

1. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Hi team, this is my first post:) on TeamFiat. After putting much thinking into what to buy and a number of tds, I have zeroed in on a Linea MJD. I am from Hyderabad, currently working in Mumbai. I was waiting for the New year so that I can get the latest model, however I am not sure if I should buy the car from Hyderabad or Mumbai:confused:. I have plans of relocating back to Hyderabad in March this year. But from what I have seen, there is almost a minimum difference of Rs.30,000 ex-showroom:eek: - Mumbai/Thane being less and no Octroi as I would be buying a Thane passing vehicle. I am planning to use the vehicle for a good long time. I have listed down a few issues - if I buy from Hyderabad, I might find it difficult to drive in Mumbai as the cops here will find a numerous excuses and ultimately levy fines:thumbs down. Also if I buy from Mumbai/Thane, I will have to pay a huge road-tax when I move the vehicle back to Hyderabad and not to forget the unending wait for the road/life tax refund from Mumbai/Thane RTA and the process involved:(. I have already waited for a couple of months, and in no mood to wait any longer. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.
  2. @lowflier:-

Welcome to TFI..
    i will suggest to buy the car in hyderabad if you will relocated to Hyd in few months. you can drive other state car for few months without giving road tax.
    I know all the states in india have some RTO rule to drive other state cars for some period and this will be posted in some Website of mumbai RTO. Download it keep the copy with you and keep the toll receipt with you when you drive back to mumbai from hyd.
    I have driven my Hyd car for 3 long months in bangalore and i didn`t have issue. Bangalore RTO have rule of 9 months you can drive the car in without paying Road tax.
    so chill and do your search about mumbai RTO rule.
  3. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Thank you Drive_drift, for your response. Well, from one of the searches I found this - If you are going to stay in another State for a period exceeding one year, only then you will have to re-register your vehicle and pay lifetime road tax in the new State. If you are going to stay for a period less than three months, neither you have to inform the R.T.O. nor you are required to pay any tax. However, for a period exceeding three months up to one year, you will have to inform the R.T.O. in the new State and pay some nominal tax. Will search more and see if I can substantiate the above statement.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012