1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion required on Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Cinju, Feb 27, 2013.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Cinju, Question is how you enjoy music not the room size.

If you like subtle and warm music,a pair of bookshelf is all that you need.

If you dont want to miss the dynamics of a Dolby digital movie then you need active 12"sub woofer and at least 5 bookshelf speakers.

If you just want some boom boom and ching chill ,go for jbl or sony HTIB for 30grands you can find great htib's which can shatter your windows panes, find one with bigger bass box.

I hope you have seen those magazines, what Hifi and Avmax ?
    3 people like this.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont worry about the service part, how many among us get a laptop serviced properly, or for that matter any electronic item. You have to take the risk assuming aaaal iiizzzz welllll.

I sourced the AVR from amazon.de because of my frequent visits there, assuming if I have to claim the warranty I can carry.

For speakers you will have to audition them, and you will have to travel atleast till Bglore for that.

Dont worry about the room size, and dont go a full blown 5.1 setup in 1 go, start with 2 floor standers or bookshelf speaker and upgrade slowly if you feel the need. I am happy with my 2 floor stander setup after a year without sub (avoided this considering my kid).
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Cinju, AV Max expo is happening this weekend in Delhi. So if you want just use the link
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Jayadev you can put me in the 2nd category, one who enjoys some surrrounddd . But for enjoying a good setup like you've mentioned your room size should be fair enough right ? No boom boom..chill chill. Need something which delivers crisp sound even in low volume.

@Pran I agree with your point.But if I dont do it in one shot it is not going to happen later. Hope you got my point ;) .

@Senthil this is really something tempting. But end of day my travel expense itself will come close to my HT budget :) . These kind of expos which used to happen in Middle east used to provide great discounts for stuff like these. Even now when I compared price for an item it is selling almost 10-15 k cheaper in UAE. I am also looking for an option if someone can bring it down for me from UAE.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then this may help you. This people deals with Denon, Polk Audio and so on... But still the sales/service is based on Bangalore/Chennai for south. Onkyo too is having service based on Bangalore/Chennai. Nowhere I seen a location in Kerala or down South. But wait... Yamaha Audio is having service centers in Kerala and that too in your reach, Trivandrum. What I suggest is don't take the speaker as a package with the receiver. You take the speakers, sub-woofer things out from the set. Just plan which AV Receiver you are going to get and select the speakers and sub-woofer separately.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks a ton Senthil. Seems like I need to do a hell lot of research especially if I am proceeding with separate speakers. I need to wake up from my laziness & start digging ;) .
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Like i asked earlier and i would insist you to keep provision for a broadband connection near the TV unit for the following stuff which is now available!! :)

Apple TV finally in stores for Rs 8,275

the stuff should make DVD/blue-ray units obsolete ;) well almost!! you can have movie rentals to latest international Blockbusters in HD format & SD format as well! ( rental as well as purchase is possible)

Cheers!
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Herbie..this is really a cool stuff. I do have provision for broadband near the TV unit. But for this I think you need a minimum of 4 Mbps line for proper streaming.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cinju, Apple TV works with wifi so dont worry for the internet connection near TV. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Either way is ok for me. As of now my internet connection terminates on the 1st floor & it is connected to a wifi. I need to extend it to the ground floor as I am planning to connect it to my Media player & Bluray player. So the option I thought of was get another wireless router which can act as a wireless repeater & take out connection from it. The signal is a bit weak on the ground floor where the players are placed.

BTW I am yet to finalise on the product. Hopefully before this month end I would.
    1 person likes this.